Quote Originally Posted by pballance View Post
Chris, it may be 14mm float level and you are measuring correctly, from lid to top of float. I was going from memory and would have to check the manual so you are probably right.

Check the nozzles and make sure they move up and down and make sure the choke lever isn't binding. I have one that is a little sticky. 20wt oil for the pistons, make sure you haven't overfilled.

Good luck, just some thoughts as I watch Auburn blow it at Georgia. Dang!
Thank you again Paul. After reading this and going through some of the old related threads I'm pretty sure I have too much oil (it is 20wt) in the dampers. Ron said in another thread he used something like a medicine dropper to fill the dampers, and I just poured in. My guess is way too much. We adjusted the installed needle height (they were out too far) and I was able to get closer to normal mixture adjustment on the mixture knob. The biggest problem we are having is similar to Ron's from a couple yrs ago where in hard rt hand corners we have one carb's cylinders going cold (rich) on the egts, and the car misses badly til it burns off the extra gas. We have the bowl overflows vented back into the air cleaner assembly, and it's going rich when the bowls overflow I think. We are going to vent into a catchcan at our next event, and I still think our floats may be a bit high. Also we have N-27 needles in there which I believe run a bit lean, and I'm going to try the N-54's in there to see if it helps a bit more.