Thread: SCCA Annual Waiver "Hard Card"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question SCCA Annual Waiver "Hard Card"

So the SCCA has a new program called a “Hard Card” that is supposed to save you time by not requiring you to sign the waiver at the track. How long does that take, all of five seconds? How much is this new Hard Card program going to cost the SCCA?

I’m pretty sure the areas that I race in are going to say something like “well, I don’t know about that but you need to sign the waiver” if I show up with one of these things at the track.

Sounds like good money after a bad program. And I love the foot note on the application "At some locations a track waiver may still need to be signed"

Northern New Jersey was promoting it at the NARRC Runoffs at NARRC. I am not sure about other regions or tracks. Seems like SCCA is trying to quell the annoying factor - I'm not sure at what costs.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

The problem is the track, independent of the SCCA, is still going to require a waiver. And I bet most regions will want it too to be on the safe side.

Ron locally we have been using the hard card for workers for a year now. Drivers still have to sign. We have not had a track problem at either of our region’s tracks. As was said I think it is one small step toward the eventual automated registration process.
    Someday we will pull up to a pylon do a retina scan and proceed into the track.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Man, I can't say enough how cool and convenient the Grand-Am hard card system is. Got a hard card, you get waved in by track personnel. No stopping at reg, no hassles, no nothing. We can only dream...

I'm signing up for it as we speak...BTW, while SCCA will accept everything for renewal (membership app, medical, license app) via email PDF they still need to get that signed waiver form in hard copy...sooo close...
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 11-11-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Man, I can't say enough how cool and convenient the Grand-Am hard card system is. Got a hard card, you get waved in by track personnel. No stopping at reg, no hassles, no nothing. We can only dream...

I'm signing up for it as we speak...BTW, while SCCA will accept everything for renewal (membership app, medical, license app) via email PDF they still need to get that signed waiver form in hard copy...sooo close...
    RX7 drivers have been been using the hard card for years now. One look at our cars and track workers just know we are there to race....LOL.
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 11-11-2009 at 10:49 PM.