From a registrar's perspective - I love the new hard card!! I don't have to stress and search to double and triple check to be sure that every driver and worker who goes into a "Hot Area" has already signed the waiver. That waiver is on file at the national office.

If you're a driver or a crew guy, you owe it to your family to get the hard card. In the event of something catastrophic, you are already covered by SCCA's insurance. There is no trying to find your signature in pages of waivers. Again, because that waiver is already on file at the national office.

The west coast (aka San Francisco Region) has been using this for some time. It seems to work well for them. We're still working through the implementation in MiDiv, and we learn a little bit more about it each event.

I thought the cost of the hard card was waived for licensed drivers (like it is for volunteers with a minimum number of days service). So, it's mostly the crew folks who have to pay for the hard card. And, some of them don't come to registration and sign the waiver anyway. So, in those cases, I'm really glad they can get a hard card.

Kelley Huxtable
MVRG Chief Registrar
DMVR
"PLAY SAFE"