Thread: A track day first!

Default A track day first!

The tale from the beginning! Went up to STL for a BMW HPDE this past weekend and break in the new POS-325. Since we are going to make this into an ITA car we figured it would be a chance to get a good baseline on the car and a nice break from our POS-7. Had an extra crewman/passenger on Saturday morning!!!!!!

Open hood to this.

Poke the critter just royally pissing it off. Note jack handle in hand!

Bright idea to start the car and move to a suitable location for shooing! Damn thing starts to run for its life! Note the car windows are down and I am slowly coming to grasp with the situation.

I am now in full on panic mode as this little creature is eyeball to eyeball with me and really mad! I am frantically getting to my window switches but cannot seem to find the driver switches. The little beast jumped off the car from my driver side window and ambled off down the pit road.

Moral of the story: Damn if I know!!!!!!

neat story. Usually I find a collection of nuts on top of the transaxle when I open the hood during a race weekend morning at more rustic tracks.

Haven't seen the actual critter who put them there, however.

Many years ago, when I was running my old ITC '85 Civic, it starting running wierd out of the blue and upon taking the carb apart, I found acorns down inside of it. WTF? Apparently something was sitting in there enjoying a bite to eat at some point.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Opossums are the worst!

I stored a customers car in a storage building for several weeks a few years ago while I waited for him to pick it up. When I went to retrieve the car I got in and a mouse ran across the dash and under the passenger seat. I did my best to try to run him out but didn't see him again. On the way back to the shop I am driving along about 50 mph and the mouse runs out from under the passenger seat and under the dash on the passenger side. A moment later he emerges from the defroster vent on the driver side right in front of me. He begins to run along the top of the door toward me. The window is down. About half way along the door, I guess the suction pulled him out, and he does this back flip out the window. He looked like those scuba divers in the movies backflipping into the water. I laughed all the way home.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Never had an animal inside the car but over the years I had wasp nets inside the door jams of my Ford Van tow vehicle and bird nests built under the hood 3 years in a row. One year under the brake master cylinder, next on top of the battery, and then one under the brackets that holds the battery.
    I finally got smart and put a piece of screen in front of the grill when it sits in storage and no more birds nests!
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

That's pretty scary LOL...

Not a big deal.

I have trapped 4 skunks and 2 possums in the last year at the house. Catching is the easy part, release is the hard part
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown