Thread: Who actually won?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SPiFF View Post
    WIll A6s also make an RX7 faster then the ITR cars on the back straight?
    I tore that car down in impound and know it well. It is legal. If you have something to say grow a set.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    I tore that car down in impound and know it well. It is legal. If you have something to say grow a set.
    Welp, I don't know anything about the car nor anything to say really, so I will take your word for it.

It is just extraordinary to have a car which has been popular in ITS for many years and is supposed to make in the 180-ish HP range and 130-ish pound feel of TQ range to out run the ITR cars like that. Those cars left me, Spillman, and the others for dead on the back straight.

Now, I am not (really) complaining about the lap time. (Other then it is pretty much impossible in an ITS Intregra.) I watched the Pro-IT race from the T5 hill and was around him for the sprint sessions. His driving was a thing of beauty.

I was in P5 OA on lap 1 of the sprint race and the ITR cars were not that far behind when they hit the back straight. Extraordinary I still say.

Quote Originally Posted by SPiFF View Post
    Welp, I don't know anything about the car nor anything to say really, so I will take your word for it.

It is just extraordinary to have a car which has been popular in ITS for many years and is supposed to make in the 180-ish HP range and 130-ish pound feel of TQ range to out run the ITR cars like that. Those cars left me, Spillman, and the others for dead on the back straight.

Now, I am not (really) complaining about the lap time. (Other then it is pretty much impossible in an ITS Intregra.) I watched the Pro-IT race from the T5 hill and was around him for the sprint sessions. His driving was a thing of beauty.

I was in P5 OA on lap 1 of the sprint race and the ITR cars were not that far behind when they hit the back straight. Extraordinary I still say.
    Fair enough, I just got a little bent when an old thread gets restarted with a jab at someone cheating. I know and respect Rob and Ray and do not believe there is anything illegal on the car. If that is not your intent then I am sorry.

We do still make 180 (give or take a few with the phase of the moon) and the Motec did broaden the power curve. It is a car (RX7) we have raced for a lot of years and made a lot of very small gains in handling and tune. Add that to a track with good pavement and wider runout area and it adds up. I will pull the data books on the old Speedsource 70 but I know David ran 1:39 in some sessions before and that was on the S04 tire. ARRC this year was the perfect storm of tire and track condition.

As for the ITR comparison Kip has been faster there in his Miata than the Porsche so it is hard to call that a 10/10ths comparison yet. Power to weight calc is not the same so it will not be the gap you would expect anyway. I expect when we get the RX8 up to speed we will only be about 1.5 - 2 seconds faster than the S car on a 2 mile track.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)