car/prep/driver/development.....consistency

Tom,
I watched the 99 or 2000 ARRC and remember 1:39.2 in qualifing.....shocked me then, will be my goal this upcoming year..... Wheels, tires, personal conditioning,and yes ,snug lug nuts....... Walked up to Huffmaster after the Pro-it while tech was handing out weight slips.....My bottom line was 237....Robbies 147.....it all adds up...... a well run team .

Steve E., I don't think we're implying excessive power, just too damn fast for what we're used to ...this year.... Lot has changed in the ECU powered cars, what kinda increases have been acheived in the wobbling rotor? my guess, just an increased average torque value......

The RX8 seemed to really come alive in the Saturday sprint race.....Steve, Hope you guys can get that sexy car up to speed with the weight corrections...... looks great.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Donnelly View Post
The tires may have given a second or 2 but he can drive. And the Speedsource cars used to turn 1:41's before Road Atlanta was re-vamped. And before open ECU's. So, 1-2 seconds for ECU's, 1-2 seconds for tires and you're pushing low 1:39's. And if you can really drive, if you get the run out of 7, you'll look like you're really pulling down the backstraight. Look at the video on goracingtv and you can see how he found the shortest way around the track too. I was really surprised by 1:37's but I was really surprised by 1:40's in a 240z too. When I was running 10 years ago, 1:42 was a first place time in ITS. Shows what a difference 10 years can make.

Tom