Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who actually won?

Default Who actually won?

Based on cars that fit the current IT classification process who won?

What was the best finish for a car that was requested but denied the ability to get a corrected weight? IE: who was the fastest "heavy" car in each class?

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Grow up. Plead your case but show a little class.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I think - no, I know - the fastest drivers won.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Delete this thread, not worth it... The topic title might be rude but I am curiose in all classes who was near the front with a "heavy" car. I am wondering how much weight really matters... Does 50LBS or 100Lbs really do anything?

Raymond "maybe a better question would be would 50LBS on all the winners changed anything or was it all driver and car prep that won the race?" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Is there a thread on this forum or somewhere with some ARRC info? Interested in how ITS shook out.

Thanks,
    Ron

Thumbs up Fast...ARRC......Zoom....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Is there a thread on this forum or somewhere with some ARRC info? Interested in how ITS shook out.

Thanks,
    Ron
    HI Ron,
    ITS winner "Huffmaster" battled it out with the ITR winner "Kip" for the overall win....both were really smooth and fast. Incredible times...1:37.8 or so in morning qualifing.....ITS... Huffmaster RX-7 had wow corner speed...I checked for some type of ground sucking device in impound for Pro-It to no avail. Great drivers in well prepared cars. The rest of us ITS drivers were battling for 2nd, close battle, I fell out of the race when right rear lug nutz become loose:eek:..... and the wobble was too bad to continue.... Great weekend super weather, learned a few things to try next year, will really bump up the tire budget, but should be worth a second or two.....Dang tires gotta be way worse then crack or meth......Ouch....

You guys gotta come down to R.A. sometime.....maybe swap cars for a session...
    30 year old ITS car

Man, that is bad news on your wheel lug. If you were running for second you were doing just fine. Who else was in the top five or so?

We've got to get down to RA for 2010. It is on the list of things to do. This year was a bad year for the TR8 as we had a lot of issues to fight. But, we should be good to go for 2010 and it'd be great if you wanted to peddle my Z around and see how it does at RA. I have a new motor now I've not used in a race yet so I'm itching to try it out.

Wow on the 1:37s. I've not run RA but I understand that is a heck of a time there. Is that an ITS record?

Sorry I missed the race David. I wondered what put you out. That ITS time by Huffmaster is insane. It was indeed a record by a bunch. Sounds like they found something......Where was Matt's BMW?

Default Insane?.....

Quote Originally Posted by jmark View Post
    Sorry I missed the race David. I wondered what put you out. That ITS time by Huffmaster is insane. It was indeed a record by a bunch. Sounds like they found something......Where was Matt's BMW?
    Yeah a record by bout second and a half...... Insane, not really....extremely well driven car, well prepped, with much softer tires then I thought possible for road course use,,,,,,, Track had a few changes "paving" last year or so, to be a little quicker I've heard. I thought R6s were crack.....what do you cal A6s....?? Really wish I had stuffed my ears with bees wax, to avoid hearing the tale of the A6 magic grip....The Sirens are singing, driving me crazy now!!!!!!!! Argghh...Tie me to the mast as we pass by this island please!!!!!!! Hopefully this crazy urge will pass by spring time.....
    Matt was flying on thursday practice day, looking smooth.....Blew a head gasket to the point of blowing water out the tail pipe......
    30 year old ITS car

Quote Originally Posted by dspillrat View Post
    Insane, not really....extremely well driven car, well prepped,

I had the opportunity on Saturday to follow Huffmaster for part of a lap. He is amazingly quick through 3-4 the esses and 5. And through 6-7 smooth as hell. I almost stayed with him down the back straight and was out of 10-b as he went under the bridge. By the time I went under the bridge, he was already exiting 12. The car is 10/10ths but so is his driving.

I wondered what happened to you David. Glad it was just a lug, not worse.

Tom

Oh, yeah, and the fastest guys won. Conquered is more like it.

Ah so they did find something tire wise......Of course the car had to be set up to run the race on those tires.

Huffmaster was running on A compounds? I get how a relatively light ITA CRX could do that but surprised with a heavier car begin able to last a race using them.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Default A compound tires....

Yep,
    "A" compounds they were......

I'm sure it takes a really smooth driver, and a well tuned suspension,with great shocks to not over-use the tires with un-needed motion or slippage..... Not sure how its gonna work on an archaic setup like an early Z... But if my R6s are going off before 20 laps, I'm sure it'll be a challenge to get 10 laps on even softer tires.....

My source is saying it can be done, and has used em for couple years now....I just hadn't noticed....
    30 year old ITS car

That is a fast time no doubt. But I am like you guys, wish I had not heard of the A6 thing........not good at all!
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Guess it will be like F1 now. A's to qualify on and R's to race on(unless you can make the A's last ).

The A6 is good for 1 session and they are very temperature dependent. Purple Crack is the best term for them.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

^ For sure conditions were ideal for them at RA this past weekend. Beautiful weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dspillrat View Post
    Yeah a record by bout second and a half...... Insane, not really....extremely well driven car, well prepped, with much softer tires then I thought possible for road course use,,,,,,, Track had a few changes "paving" last year or so, to be a little quicker I've heard. I thought R6s were crack.....what do you cal A6s....?? Really wish I had stuffed my ears with bees wax, to avoid hearing the tale of the A6 magic grip....The Sirens are singing, driving me crazy now!!!!!!!! Argghh...Tie me to the mast as we pass by this island please!!!!!!! Hopefully this crazy urge will pass by spring time.....
    Matt was flying on thursday practice day, looking smooth.....Blew a head gasket to the point of blowing water out the tail pipe......
    It'll be cool temps in the spring too David! Bet you could run them at the Runoffs at Road America as cool as it is there..... Hummmmm.

my times should not be used for any type of analysis. heck, i was faster last year than i achieved this year.

congrats to the winners! my driving skills were the only thing that i kept me from going faster.

but at least this year i finished all 20 laps and never hit a wall.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Tom,

You should see if you can get a recording of the play by play. I know it wasn't as good as being there but it certainly made it exciting sitting 600 miles away!! Maybe try to do what Vaughan did last year and overlay the video and audio.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place