Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
I believe its not an enduro if some cars can complete it without having a pitstop. Running 90 to 180 minutes without a stop is just a long sprint race.

The benefit of having pit stops (even if there is no fueling or tire changes) is that it allows multiple drivers to help pay the bills and gives a lot of guys the taste of what endurance racing is about. The more drivers we have, the more endurance racers in our pool. I thought it was great that the ARRC 3 hour had two manditory stops because it let me put 3 guys in our car. Also, it encouraged guys to compete with their sprint cars as it didn't penalize a team who wasn't running a giant cell. The result is there were a lot of guys at ARRC who now can say they have done an endurance race. Perfect.
The ARRC 3 hour not an enduro is my favorite race of the season. I reject the idea of the "long sprint race". Sprint racers run 30-40 minute races. A 90 minute is more than twice the lenth of what a sprint racer runs. The Indy 500 and NASCAR races run 3 hours. They are considered endurance races.