Thread: WGI ITA track record

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default track record

The other reason to have a separate track record file for enduros is this: Who Is Driving. With driver changes T&S doesn't know, except in IMSA, who is in the car. Crediting a driver with a record that he didn't set is unacceptable in my mind, ie the reason enduro records at Nelson have Team Names not individual driver names.

They (Timeing and scoring) know the lap so can't they just ask the drivers who was driving at that time? Usually the drivers would probably know who it was anyway. seems simple to me...

Lets be honest how much light can you run in the middle of an Enduro compaired to the end? The only variable is Gas and I don't know many cars that FULL run much more than 100lbs when empty. IF they ran at empty in the middle are you assuming they filled up within a few minutes of the end to meet minimum weight? PS: I could do this same thing in a sprint race as well...

Enduros run under the same rules in the GCR as sprint races for each class would. Same protest process as well. For those reasons I think that Enduro, Pro, Sprint, ect should count as long as it has an SCCA Sanction #.

I think that the ITA or GP car in question would probably be honest and have his time removed if he/she was asked and his/her car was not compliant to ITA rules. If it was compliant He/She deserves the track record for the the SCCA class ITA as defined by the ruleset in the SCCA GCR.

Stephen

On Edit: Driver weight could be a big variable as well. That's why I always start enduros that me and my brother do

Stephen right, so, in an enduro, You start the race, and you run light fuel loads, on sticky fresh tires to gap the filed, because you know you'r stops are long, for whatever reason. You're running around 50 pounds underweight, get a huge draft off another class car, and bingo, you have a new track record.

How many times in a sprint race do you top up the tank before going to impound?

The troubling issue here is that people allowed a non class car to run illegally and the racord fell.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Stephen right, so, in an enduro, You start the race, and you run light fuel loads, on sticky fresh tires to gap the filed, because you know you'r stops are long, for whatever reason. You're running around 50 pounds underweight, get a huge draft off another class car, and bingo, you have a new track record.

How many times in a sprint race do you top up the tank before going to impound?

The troubling issue here is that people allowed a non class car to run illegally and the racord fell.

Jake I agree with you on this. How was he allowed to run? I guess I also agree with you on the enduro Vs. Sprint race but if you knowingly cheat to get the track record in an enduro anyone could do the same in a sprint race and just run out of gas and finish last. This IS the reason that Nascar modified check track and Weight BEFORE they go out. Then again that's professional with thousands on the line!

Stephen

I hope that Marc gets this fixed he does deserve it!

Agreed, there are a myriad of situations that can result in bogus records. I know of a former record that was set with a known illegal car. It's not the only one, no doubt.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Want a track record, go out totally illegal, run the race and finish out of the top 5.
    Who's going to know?
    Jerry
    NER South