Kirk,

I'm not sure how the CRB isn't "fully complicit" in breaking the rules, based on their current position. After all, those cars that did get adjusted didn't get done on the ITAC's say-so alone, the CRB had to approve them before they became official.

What I see, is that all of a sudden the CRB realized that the ITAC was going to document the process, including any reasons why a car was given a variance in that process. That left them no wiggle room whatsoever. They were not about to let that happen. They're going to keep doing things the way they always have, and making it look like they were letting the ITAC develop an objective process for classing cars was nothing more than a bunch of window dressing and posturing. As long as the CRB are the political puppets of the BoD, this is never going to change.

And while I'd like to believe that ITR was created because it was the right thing to do for IT (that, and that we did a pretty good job handing them something that had a nice bow on it), the current actions make me wonder if there wasn't a part of it that helped them deal w/ the sticky issue of the E36 BMW in ITS. It went through at essentially light speed, compared to other things (that weren't top-down) in the club.