Thread: November Fastrack is out

Default November Fastrack is out

Default am I missing something here?

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...strack-nov.pdf

I have read and reread the three AS appeals and I still cannot understand what is
    going on....it appears to me that in each case for three different competitors:

Chief Steward Averett DQs the competitor via a CSA
    The competitor protests the CSA
    The SOM disallows the protest (enforcing the CSA)
    Mr Averett appeals the SOM decision. (Why would he appeal the decision that enforced his CSA???)
    The COA then upholds Mr Averett's appeal, thereby overturning the SOM decision to uphold Mr. Averett's CSA....

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

I beleive the impound for that race was in excess of 30 hours...not a proud Run-off moment.

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I beleive the impound for that race was in excess of 30 hours...not a proud Run-off moment.
    Wha....????????????

Impounds for Showroom Stock in the late-80's and early-90s, when they FINALLY decided to begin enforcing the rules, lasted DAYS. In fact, the races for SSGT, SSA, SSB, and SSC were always on Friday so that impound could get done before the awards banquet on Sunday night...

You either want them to enforce the rules, or you want to get out of there within a half-hour. But you can't have both.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Wha....????????????

Impounds for Showroom Stock in the late-80's and early-90s, when they FINALLY decided to begin enforcing the rules, lasted DAYS. In fact, the races for SSGT, SSA, SSB, and SSC were always on Friday so that impound could get done before the awards banquet on Sunday night...

You either want them to enforce the rules, or you want to get out of there within a half-hour. But you can't have both.

GA
    He he........... The one and only time I ran the runoffs was 1988. I ran a Mitsubishi Starion in SSA, I started 8th finished 7th, the impound looked like a garage sale! There was car parts everwhere! By the time they bounced the top three cars I was in 4th place! I passed more cars in the tech shed than I did on the track
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

Look at SCCA.Com... I don't think it went well as the BOD was not pleased... Also still being on the stewards side I have seen some letters that indicate things did not go well and changes are taking place to run the stewards program better... but I am not sure what those issues were or what changes may or may not happen. Reading between the lines I am wondering if some stewards are changing careers.

Raymond " again just to be clear, I DON'T know what happened, read the articles on the scca website" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

link?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    he He........... The One And Only Time I Ran The Runoffs Was 1988. I Ran A Mitsubishi Starion In Ssa, I Started 8th Finished 7th, The Impound Looked Like A Garage Sale! There Was Car Parts Everwhere! By The Time They Bounced The Top Three Cars I Was In 4th Place! I Passed More Cars In The Tech Shed Than I Did On The Track
    Rofl!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    link?
    http://www.scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=1&news=3804
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...strack-nov.pdf

I have read and reread the three AS appeals and I still cannot understand what is
    going on....it appears to me that in each case for three different competitors:

Chief Steward Averett DQs the competitor via a CSA
    The competitor protests the CSA
    The SOM disallows the protest (enforcing the CSA)
    Mr Averett appeals the SOM decision. (Why would he appeal the decision that enforced his CSA???)
    The COA then upholds Mr Averett's appeal, thereby overturning the SOM decision to uphold Mr. Averett's CSA....

I wasn't present for these actions, so I cannot comment on the specifics of why the CS appealed. However, in general, there are a couple of reasons why a Chief Steward might appeal a positive SOM judgment.

1. The CS might be asking the Court of Appeals to clarify the meaning of the GCR rule.

2. The CS may not be the one who filed the original action, and was upheld by the SOM.

Remember that the Chief Steward typically delegates powers to Assistant Chief Stewards (operating stewards, tech stewards). Any actions they take are in the name of the Chief Steward, and the bits of paper would have 'Chief Steward' on them, not 'Tech Steward' or 'Black Flag Steward'.

Again, remember that these are general cases, and not explanations for this specific case.

As for the Runoffs review committee, the BoD has caused a committee to be formed. I am a member. The mandate of the committee is not to engage in a blame exercise, but rather to recommend possible improvements to the Runoffs process. We expect to report back to the Board in late November.
    Last edited by John Nesbitt; 10-30-2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Typo

tnx John...I didn't think of those possibilities

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010