Thread: STU in 2010 runoffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chuck - you will have two choices on how to run that car in STU
    1. legal to the ITS rule set - stock cams, .5 compression bump, stock brakes
    2. legal to the STU rule set - big cam, bigger compression, big brakes, etc., along with anything else required by the class - fire system, etc.

No mixing and matching that I read anywhere.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

With the way the GLDiv regional schedule has come together for 2010, and the good chance a new track will not be up and running, seems like this coming year will be the one where I go to a couple tracks I've never been before. And running STU at the Sprints works nicely into my summer schedule since my kids are at camp. So pencil in one more mid-pack ITA car.

Thread highjack: Chris, any info on this Quadruple regional at Blackhawk on May 15-16?
    Really, 4 races over the weekend? Format? Link?
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

I don't know yet, but I think it is comprised of IT fest style qualify-race-race-race-race with grids set by previous session. When I get more I will let you know.

We did something similar at Blackhawk in October, though two of the races did not have sanction numbers, but counted towards the weekend points competition. It was fun with 3 short sprints and one longer race.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

Chris,
    You're right, I wasn't talking mix and match. I've got a spare motor that I could pop the pistons and cam into. Window clips and driveshaft hoops are the only things I need to add to the tub to be STU legal. The conversion back and forth is fairly easy unless I get into bigger brakes and Megasquirt.
    I figure that's about $2500 parts, race entries, travel time and misc. beer expenses....but Brats - Yum.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    Chris,
    You're right, I wasn't talking mix and match. I've got a spare motor that I could pop the pistons and cam into. Window clips and driveshaft hoops are the only things I need to add to the tub to be STU legal. The conversion back and forth is fairly easy unless I get into bigger brakes and Megasquirt.
    I figure that's about $2500 parts, race entries, travel time and misc. beer expenses....but Brats - Yum.
    Chuck
    why wouldn't the mega squirt go form one to the other?
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Might be a CIS merc...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

Thinking about dropping in a turbo for the Runoffs...

stirring it up :-)

I'm have my 4 national events picked out and a 5th if I DNF. Wonder what the gas bill will be from NJ to WI in the new motorhome.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion