Thread: STU in 2010 runoffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don't you have to finish in the top ten in points to be invited? If so, there still would be at 10 from each division eligible.

Sounds like a plan !!
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

Default Pro IT Finale

I like the idea of having the Pro IT Finale at Road America in September with lots of knowledgeable spectators. Just think, we can start 100 cars on the RA course - how awesome would that be? Now if we can just get a waiver of the ten cars from a division limit ....

Just sayin'

Terry

To bad ITB won't make the top 10 against all the ITR, ITS and ITA cars... unless it rains and Ben continues to procrastinate on buying rain tires!

I did run in STU once with the Audi despite being to old... I wasn't protested and enjoyed the 2nd/last place in class finish! Actually I forget what class cars I was able to mix it up with, but I was at Watkins Glenn and had one of my favorite races running with the production cars.

Raymond
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 10-22-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

GCR is clear that cars that are not within 120% of qualfiying pole time will not run... just be carefull not to waiste your money on the trip.

Stephen

See, now that would be funny as all hell! 50 ITx cars show up for STU, and because one guy shows up with a full-up World Challenge car, 46 cars fail to take the green! Instead, all 46 teams sit out at the Turn Two area, drinking beer, eating brats, and causing all kinda general melee!!!

Yeah, like there won't be a Steward's request for waiver on that one...

On the other hand, still sound like fun!

I swear I'll buy rain tires. It was the worst having my son tell me back at the trailer, "dad, you were slower that a three legged turtle - you got slaughtered."

If that's not motivation to reach into the wallet.....plus, I have a cash infusion on the way for way more goodies that tires :-) I just might have to buy a pimp wing for when I run STU!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    GCR is clear that cars that are not within 120% of qualfiying pole time will not run... just be carefull not to waiste your money on the trip.

Stephen
    I would not give that a 2nd thought. I have never seen them enforce this rule, often to the detriment of those actually racing for a national championship...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Also remember that 120% is a huge gap from front to back. Suppose a killer WC Touring car with a killer driver shows up and runs a 2:25 in qualifying. You're still good to go if you can run a 2:54 or better - times that most SSC cars ran at the Sprints. The Chief Steward also is allowed to waive the 120% rule as well (RTFS), so don't let that keep you from participating.

And yes, I DO think it would be cool if STU was the largest class at the 2010 Run-Ons.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

I think it was enforced in 2006 in SSC with a REALLY slow driver(I think there was contact with a front runner as well in qualifying). I think that has been the only time I have seen it at the Runoffs or any national for that matter.
    John Costello
    2009 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    2010 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    King Motorsports
    Hoosier Tire
    Chase Cam
    Redline Oil
    YEA YEA YEA......I sold out and now drive an SM and get schooled on a regular basis!