Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm thinking of going for it....
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Ditto.

Same here - looking to blend some Pro IT and national races...
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

If there is a real interest in hitting up the sprints as a group, let me know so I can ask that STU be placed in a reasonable race group.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    If there is a real interest in hitting up the sprints as a group, let me know so I can ask that STU be placed in a reasonable race group.
    Consider it a formal request. But do note that we could (will?) have IT cars as fast as ITR there, so it'll be difficult to accommodate ITC Hondas...

We may also wish to formally request waiver of the 120% qualification rule. If I go to all the trouble of towing to Wisconsin to have a good time, only to be told to sit on my butt for the race because we have a World Challenge TC car on the pole, I suspect the organizers will be faced with an extremely light entry list after all...we'll just need to learn how to get along nicely. - GA

I cannot remember the last time that the 120% rule was actually enforced - can you?
    I agree there will be a wide range of speeds, I just don't want them dumped in a group with even faster cars than ITR making the disparity even worse.

I mentioned that this could happen to Chicago Region. It was recieved as a positive thing. Any guesses on attendance. I think 20-30 people will say they want to do it, and 10 people will.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    I cannot remember the last time that the 120% rule was actually enforced - can you?
    No clue. Except for working Tech on occasion, I've been out of the National scene since '92.

Any guesses on attendance. I think 20-30 people will say they want to do it, and 10 people will.
    No clue, again. I suspect we'll have a good handful of I.T. folks just in NeDiv running STU (we usually get around a half-dozen entries Regional weekends just for the extra track time), but this being the first year of STU/Runoffs eligibility I suspect most IT guys won't "get the word" this year until it's too late for them to qualify for the event. I just simply can't even begin to guess how many folks will actually follow-through to run enough Nationals to qualify and actually make the tow.