Thread: GoRacingTV.com to Cover Atlanta Region ARRC 2009

Default GoRacingTV.com to Cover Atlanta Region ARRC 2009

Press Release
    Errol Tucker 410-382-2067

GoRacingTV.com to Cover Atlanta Region ARRC

Oct. 16, 2009 – If you are unable to make the Atlanta Region ARRC presented by GrassRoots Motorsports then have no fear! The Atlanta Region SCCA in conjunction with GoRacingTV.com has announced that the 16th Annual American Road Race of Champions will be rebroadcast on GoRacingTV.com

The American Road Race of Champions will run from Nov 6 to 8 and is considered THE nationwide event of the season for SCCA Regional road racers. The event features regional-only classes not invited to the National Runoffs. Last year, over 350 entrants representing 30 states and Canada competed to see who the top dog would be, and GoRacingTV.com will bring all of that action directly to your computer this year.

GoRacingTV.com will be there to cover all the action from green flag to the drop of the checkered for each class. According to Errol Tucker, producer of GoRacingTV.com, “We covered the June Sprints and the Runoffs, so it’s only fitting that we cover the ARRC and give club road racing exposure at the Regional class level.”

The ARRC will be held at Road Atlanta, a 2.54-mile, 12-turn road course this recognized as one the world’s best road courses. The multi-purpose motor sports facility is situated on 750 park-like acres in the rolling hills of Northeast Georgia 35 miles north of Atlanta.

Viewers will have the ability to view the races during the weeks following the event. “We plan to film all of the racing action and air the Race Re-Cap Shows consecutively on a weekly basis, starting with the first two races showing on Wednesday Nov. 11. It’s a big job working with that much video footage but we love the sport, so it will be a labor of love,” said Tucker.

GoRacingTV.com began airing episodes of its “Club Racer” and “Auto Crosser” Web-based video shows in February of this year, but has quickly become the site where club racers can obtain updated information and news related to the amateur racing community. Most recently the site aired a daily news show from the 2009 SCCA Runoffs bringing viewers news and information on what was happening at the Runoffs.

Once again GoRacingTV will be looking for competitors with interesting racing histories and or stories to interview at the ARRC. These interviews will be part of the race coverage show. If you know of someone we should spotlight or if you think you have an interesting story to share, please submit your/their contact information and racing resume/bio at http://www.goracingtv.com/contact/

GoRacingTV.com and its co-sponsors are enthused to be a part of this exciting project. For more information, go to GoRacingTV.com.

Sweet!

I gotta ask, did ITR BMW's come without outside rearview mirrors?

Bob, why does it matter since mirrors are free? Chuck (who does not have outside mirrors on his ITA BMW)
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    Bob, why does it matter since mirrors are free? Chuck (who does not have outside mirrors on his ITA BMW)
    Well... not quite.

d. Any interior or exterior mirrors may be used.
    I've always felt like this should include deleting external mirrors but the actual rule just allows you to use alternate mirrors. i.e. for the exterior, a smaller formula mirror in the same location as stock OR the stock components. Unfortunately the letter of the rule doesn't reference complete removal only substitution.

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    Well... not quite.

I've always felt like this should include deleting external mirrors but the actual rule just allows you to use alternate mirrors. i.e. for the exterior, a smaller formula mirror in the same location as stock OR the stock components. Unfortunately the letter of the rule doesn't reference complete removal only substitution.

Christian
    Disagree. The rule says ANY...and it doesn't list a location...nor mention any stock item. .....if it says you can, you bloody well can.
    I like to mount mine inside the outermost rub point of the car...they last longer that way.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Disagree. The rule says ANY...and it doesn't list a location...nor mention any stock item. .....if it says you can, you bloody well can.
    I like to mount mine inside the outermost rub point of the car...they last longer that way.
    And I disagree with ya'. It is an allowance (just like any other) to deviate from the default, stock parts. Iif it doesn't say "any location" then you can't change the location... same thing with removal (if it doesn't say you CAN then you CAN'T). By your logic, I could add the XYZ widget to my engine simply b/c it doesn't say that I can't.

Guys guys.....are you really arguing about mirrors on a ITR BMW or mirrors in general.....really? :~) You may be the only people in this universe or any
    parallel universe who give's a rat's ass. hehe Just felt like bustin some balls. :~)

Ahhhh... you're just defensive b/c you've got illeeeeeguuuullll mirrors on your ITR BMW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    Ahhhh... you're just defensive b/c you've got illeeeeeguuuullll mirrors on your ITR BMW!!!!
    I guess you can protest me if were ever at the same race together. You sure will look funny when you lose the protest.

I had the outside mirror removed on the passenger side of my ITS RX7 and a tiny wink mirror on the driver side. I recall a bunch of young men at tech a few years ago who were training as stewards jumping all over me and saying my car would not get its annual stamp.

Sr. tech guy came by and said it was all good...

(hey Dan, you get all titled up OK?)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    I guess you can protest me if were ever at the same race together. You sure will look funny when you lose the protest.
    Riiiiight. Again, I think the spirit and intent of the rule is to allow removal/replacement/relocation of mirrors... I just don't see how the existing rule allows for it.

Christian, who doesn't have an external mirror on the passenger side of his car even though there was one stock.

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    (hey Dan, you get all titled up OK?)
    Yep

I agree 100% that it doesn't allow for removal...singularly. It says ANY mirror. So I remove the stock piece and replace it with one that mounts in a different location.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967