Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AWD in ITR or ITS?

Josh, is it possible to post what AWD cars are being considered? This is the biggest reason I have waited so long on building a new car...

Thanks,
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Josh, is it possible to post what AWD cars are being considered? This is the biggest reason I have waited so long on building a new car...
    Right now, the Subaru 2.5RS is the only one that has been discussed, because it's the only letter that was received. This month we got a letter from Raymond for the Audi 4000Q and another letter for the '90-'91 Audi Coupe Quattro. Those letters are new so have yet to be discussed but I see no reason why they wouldn't be classed.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

What decision has the ITAC made regarding consideration of AWD as a factor in setting weights, Josh? Depending on what day it is (and whether it's raining), people are going to disagree like mad about individual cases on race weights, so a repeatable factor is going to be really important to smooth implementation of this.

I think it's a fine idea, BTW.

K

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    This one is ready to go, all we need to get the classing complete is a VTS sheet. If you'd be willing to fill one out and submit it quickly, we'll try to get it addressed and listed at our next call (but probably couldn't be published until the April Fastrack in late March). I'm sure it will end up in ITS but I'm not sure of the weight right now.

I personally have taken the action item to try to get that VTS completed but if an interested member would be willing to do it instead, that would be awesome! Please let me know.

Josh - if you have started the VTS, send it my way and I'll get it completed and sent in. Save me some double work...

you can email it to me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Also, perhaps we can start a thread on racer requested/suggested AWD cars? that way we can get a comprehensive list.
    Ben
    '91 Spec Miata #66
    '08 BMW M3 - One Lap Of America
    --2010 Luxury Sedan Champs!
    '87 BMW 325 e/is - future Chump car

Follow the fun at:
    Schaut Speed Racing Blog