Thread: AWD in ITR or ITS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How does that fit in ITR? I thought the S2000 and Rx8 were at the top of the expected HP goals for ITR?
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Marcus,

That was what I was kinda wondering is if a 250 HP car could be classified. Jag X-type may still be my 1st choice but If I am going to spend that much money maybe I should take a little longer and build the Audi... My brother and I also already have ,sitting outback now, the Audi coupe Quattro from 1990 that may fit into ITA??

Jake, Is tourque part of the process?

And yes it is the TT 3.2! I personally can't do this now but I would love to dream... IF I took the next 2 years off from racing I could build it... I would be just as happy doing a few autocrosses and maybe some kart stuff to keep me occupied. The only reason I have been waiting for the past year or so is to see the dust settle...

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Marcus,

That was what I was kinda wondering is if a 250 HP car could be classified. Jag X-type may still be my 1st choice but If I am going to spend that much money maybe I should take a little longer and build the Audi... My brother and I also already have ,sitting outback now, the Audi coupe Quattro from 1990 that may fit into ITA??

Stephen
    Yep, I'm with you.. I guess not knowing how AWD fits in the classificaiton matrix/schema (I just can't call it a process), hampers us, but I would believe the weight would have to be extraordinarily high. As Andy told me in one of htese threads recently, ths HP ceiling isn't a ceiling, but a guideline in terms of fitting cars in at appropriateweights for the chassis and class. (paraphrased in my own language)
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Default Subie

I've been watching IT for a while, thinking about getting back into it since AWD is allowed. I've been very interested in building a Subie 2.5RS for some time as a fun track-day car, why not take it all the way to race prep if it can???

So - where is it going to end up? 2 door and 4 door versions, but I prefer the 2-door.
    Ben
    '91 Spec Miata #66
    '08 BMW M3 - One Lap Of America
    --2010 Luxury Sedan Champs!
    '87 BMW 325 e/is - future Chump car

Follow the fun at:
    Schaut Speed Racing Blog

Wish we could give you an informed estimate re: classing and weight. Three members of the IT Ad Hoc committee (charged with making recommendations to the club racing board about stuff like this) who were among the most active here have left the committee - myself included. A couple still post here so I'll let them chime in.

KK

This one is ready to go, all we need to get the classing complete is a VTS sheet. If you'd be willing to fill one out and submit it quickly, we'll try to get it addressed and listed at our next call (but probably couldn't be published until the April Fastrack in late March). I'm sure it will end up in ITS but I'm not sure of the weight right now.

I personally have taken the action item to try to get that VTS completed but if an interested member would be willing to do it instead, that would be awesome! Please let me know.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    This one is ready to go, all we need to get the classing complete is a VTS sheet. If you'd be willing to fill one out and submit it quickly, we'll try to get it addressed and listed at our next call
    How is that feasible since half the ITAC has resigned, is the ITAC even fully functional at this time?

Not trying to be obtuse but is AWD IT really on the short list? If it is on the short list by some chance, at this point in time, then IT racers should be more concerned than they already are.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 02-04-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    This one is ready to go, all we need to get the classing complete is a VTS sheet. If you'd be willing to fill one out and submit it quickly, we'll try to get it addressed and listed at our next call (but probably couldn't be published until the April Fastrack in late March). I'm sure it will end up in ITS but I'm not sure of the weight right now.

I personally have taken the action item to try to get that VTS completed but if an interested member would be willing to do it instead, that would be awesome! Please let me know.

Josh - if you have started the VTS, send it my way and I'll get it completed and sent in. Save me some double work...

you can email it to me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Also, perhaps we can start a thread on racer requested/suggested AWD cars? that way we can get a comprehensive list.
    Ben
    '91 Spec Miata #66
    '08 BMW M3 - One Lap Of America
    --2010 Luxury Sedan Champs!
    '87 BMW 325 e/is - future Chump car

Follow the fun at:
    Schaut Speed Racing Blog