Hey Jim,

Yes the RA1's did last that much longer at Race City (Calgary) then the R888's. I was to say less then impressed with the R888's...and no they don't work in the swamp either...

I usually bought 2 sets of RA1's and they would last 1.5 seasons at Calgary. The R888's looked like I would be lucky to get 2 race weekends on a set...not to mention they went off drastically through out the weekend. The RA1's started off kinda greasy, got decent and then stayed consistent until they were at the wear bars, then they got real good until they corded and obviously went off completely.

As for wear compared to Hoosiers I cannot say for sure other then 1 major issue we have at Calgary is the pavement condition...it is extremely poor, very course worn out asphalt that does a number on tires. Many who have run Hoosiers here have commented that they do not last long due to the rough pavement where as the Toyo's seemed to work OK.

As for 205/50R15 RA1's...can't get them in Canada anywhere as of last season (09)...only R888's...