Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sic/its

Default Sic/its

Well boys, looks like we have everyone coming to the party. Should be a great weekend. Close race for the points.
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Looks like we will have to all gang up on the darn meotter!! Looking forward to a fun weekend. Car is still in the trailer from Barber with a broken exhaust. Guess I need to get to work.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Default Who will win????

With 11 entries so far the ITS race is shaping up to be one of the more interesting of all the IT group. Clearly Charbonneau is the guy to beat. With a good finish he will win the championship, but there will be a wild pack of drivers foaming at the mouth to stop him. If he does have a bad day then the points battle gets tight. With Perry and Eckerich separated by only one point for second whoever puts their car out front could win it all. Coming from fourth I would need some help to take the big trophy. But you never know........

In the "pretty far back in points but likely to take the SIC win" category we have David Spillman. With this being his tune up for the ARRC look for him to be FAST! The other dark horse in this category is Jeff Young, depending on whether his ignition gremlins make the trip down from Raleigh.

There are several other notables in ITS who have gotten faster this year. Look for good finishes from Hines and McCandles.

So going out on a limb here my picks are Spillman for the race, Charbonneau for the Champ.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

The TR8 is coming......we'll see about this ignition crap...

One of us needs to beat that Meotter to Turn 1....since I am the torque king, I nominate me. You guys take it easy in qual and let me get that outside pole....

Seriously, David, Steve E., Andrew, Charles, Steve P., good field. Will be just fun to watch if that damn Halfark messes up the weekend.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Default Ready to race.....!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish57 View Post
    With 11 entries so far the ITS race is shaping up to be one of the more interesting of all the IT group."
    David Spillman. With this being his tune up for the ARRC look for him to be FAST! So going out on a limb here my picks are Spillman for the race, Charbonneau for the Champ.
    As much as I'd love to run well there, I had nothing for Charbonneau in his A car.... Steve, and Steve and several others have abused me on that track....Plus I'm Really rusty, got married, gained back 25 of the 40 pounds I'd lost.... But I am gonna play with some mucho camber there. Outta shape.... cycling tires....etc,etc...

really looking forward to seeing ya'll, been a while ....

david
    30 year old ITS car

Should be a good time. The only "issue" is that the A race will be right in the middle of the S race. Kip, Mike, and I should be right up there with you guys in your lead pack, so hopefully we'll all play together well and not block each other TOO much

Maybe we could ask for an S A/7 split start instead of a S/A 7. I dunno.

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

I'd be fine with that, and it makes sense to me. Contact Buccaneer and see what they say. That would give us 3 very "defined" groups of cars -- S, and then A/7 together with A in front of all the 7 cars except maybe Jeff Ryan.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I already did and was told that it will be evaluated. I'm wondering if the best idea is to figure out who is where after qualifying, and make the call then?

I don't want the A backmarkers to mess up the 7 race, but I personally, and of course I'm selfish here, feel that the 7 lead pack working with A backmarkers is "better" then the A and S lead packs together. The A backmarkers should let the 7 lead pack by easily, and the 7 lead pack will never catch the A lead pack.

Then again, I'm of the mentality that if I'm not fighting for the win or the podium, I lift to let other class cars by, some backmarkers do not have that same opinion......

-Tom

Just from casual observation, I would say that the A cars do well enough at Roebling such that a S and then A/7 start makes sense.

Maybe we do raise it at the driver's meeting at the end of Saturday. I'd support it, and I'm pretty sure everyone in S would since it doesn't really impact us at all.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Well I think it does affect you guys

Or at least it might when I do all thats in my power to block you from passing me into 1, cause you might hold me up 2-6 if I let you by. heheeeee. I watched how Kip worked that in Daytona and learned some lessons. "I know you're an S car, and I know we're coming onto the banking after this turn, but you sure as fuck aren't going to pass me before the last corner, because you'll kill my momentum, you can pass me on the straight. block block block block block"

-Tom
    notice use of the word "might"

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Well I think it does affect you guys

Or at least it might when I do all thats in my power to block you from passing me into 1, cause you might hold me up 2-6 if I let you by
    I don't think you're giving enough credit to the front running ITS cars. They'll handle fine and may outlast the FWD handling over the course of the race. In general the ITS cars will have a hard time passing you in T1 due to their relatively poor braking performance and slightly higher terminal velocity.

With respect to blocking - I have worked on Jeff's TR8 a lot and you do not want to be on the wrong end of that battering ram. Lots of thick heavy steel in the nose of that car. :-)
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 10-05-2009 at 04:12 PM.

hey, I used the word "might".

Plus, I will not necessarily be the fastest ITA car there next weekend. The ITA Meoters *should* be faster then me

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    hey, I used the word "might".

Plus, I will not necessarily be the fastest ITA car there next weekend. The ITA Meoters *should* be faster then me

-Tom
    I think you've also had a sort of different ITA/ITS experience this year than the norm. As far as I can recall the really fast ITS cars have been mostly absent when you have been running. Steve Parrish was broken at Roebling last time, Steve E wasn't running, Jeff Young was broken, Ira was MIA, Flynn MIA, Williams MIA, Spillman MIA, and Perry was chasing evil handling all weekend/year.

I think if the top end ITS drivers/cars are all present and accounted for they won't be holding the A race up. I know Roebling is friendly to momentum cars but those upper echelon S cars are fast there too.

R

Default missing !

dang i miss racing with you guys!! ....if anyone could use another fender lizard ...i could be there , i think ! yall go have fun & have a safe race . ralph

And Kent too - he's been MIA all year!

Ralph you guys coming back to ITS?

Default road blocks....

HI Tom,
    all.... I love to run at Roebling. Roebling Road was my first experience in a Z on any track.... As most all drivers on track, I will gladly move aside for any faster ITS points contenders, or ita cars battling for position.

Don't wanna be a road block Spillman....
    30 year old ITS car

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I think you've also had a sort of different ITA/ITS experience this year than the norm. As far as I can recall the really fast ITS cars have been mostly absent when you have been running. Steve Parrish was broken at Roebling last time, Steve E wasn't running, Jeff Young was broken, Ira was MIA, Flynn MIA, Williams MIA, Spillman MIA, and Perry was chasing evil handling all weekend/year.

R
    That could totally be it too We'll see what happens. Fun either way. The only frustrating thing is that after flatspotting a tire to hell at Daytona, I get to buy a brand new hoosier just to run it at the test day. argh

I have a solution. All the ITA cars will be required to run an extra 200# of "show off" ballast. This should alleviate any need for a split start.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by dspillrat View Post
    Don't wanna be a road block Spillman....

That's funny, you are definately NOT a roadblock!

I'm studying your tapes for the ARRC. Along with Chet's old tapes.

Tom

Default .......

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Donnelly View Post

I'm studying your tapes for the ARRC. Along with Chet's old tapes.

Tom
    Set mine aside..... Focus on Chet, he utilized way more track then I, and properly.

david
    30 year old ITS car