Thread: Sic/its

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ready to race.....!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish57 View Post
    With 11 entries so far the ITS race is shaping up to be one of the more interesting of all the IT group."
    David Spillman. With this being his tune up for the ARRC look for him to be FAST! So going out on a limb here my picks are Spillman for the race, Charbonneau for the Champ.
    As much as I'd love to run well there, I had nothing for Charbonneau in his A car.... Steve, and Steve and several others have abused me on that track....Plus I'm Really rusty, got married, gained back 25 of the 40 pounds I'd lost.... But I am gonna play with some mucho camber there. Outta shape.... cycling tires....etc,etc...

really looking forward to seeing ya'll, been a while ....

david
    30 year old ITS car

Should be a good time. The only "issue" is that the A race will be right in the middle of the S race. Kip, Mike, and I should be right up there with you guys in your lead pack, so hopefully we'll all play together well and not block each other TOO much

Maybe we could ask for an S A/7 split start instead of a S/A 7. I dunno.

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

I'd be fine with that, and it makes sense to me. Contact Buccaneer and see what they say. That would give us 3 very "defined" groups of cars -- S, and then A/7 together with A in front of all the 7 cars except maybe Jeff Ryan.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I already did and was told that it will be evaluated. I'm wondering if the best idea is to figure out who is where after qualifying, and make the call then?

I don't want the A backmarkers to mess up the 7 race, but I personally, and of course I'm selfish here, feel that the 7 lead pack working with A backmarkers is "better" then the A and S lead packs together. The A backmarkers should let the 7 lead pack by easily, and the 7 lead pack will never catch the A lead pack.

Then again, I'm of the mentality that if I'm not fighting for the win or the podium, I lift to let other class cars by, some backmarkers do not have that same opinion......

-Tom

Just from casual observation, I would say that the A cars do well enough at Roebling such that a S and then A/7 start makes sense.

Maybe we do raise it at the driver's meeting at the end of Saturday. I'd support it, and I'm pretty sure everyone in S would since it doesn't really impact us at all.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Well I think it does affect you guys

Or at least it might when I do all thats in my power to block you from passing me into 1, cause you might hold me up 2-6 if I let you by. heheeeee. I watched how Kip worked that in Daytona and learned some lessons. "I know you're an S car, and I know we're coming onto the banking after this turn, but you sure as fuck aren't going to pass me before the last corner, because you'll kill my momentum, you can pass me on the straight. block block block block block"

-Tom
    notice use of the word "might"

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Well I think it does affect you guys

Or at least it might when I do all thats in my power to block you from passing me into 1, cause you might hold me up 2-6 if I let you by
    I don't think you're giving enough credit to the front running ITS cars. They'll handle fine and may outlast the FWD handling over the course of the race. In general the ITS cars will have a hard time passing you in T1 due to their relatively poor braking performance and slightly higher terminal velocity.

With respect to blocking - I have worked on Jeff's TR8 a lot and you do not want to be on the wrong end of that battering ram. Lots of thick heavy steel in the nose of that car. :-)
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 10-05-2009 at 04:12 PM.