Thread: Sic/its

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default waitng !

what happened in our class ? (its) just waiting ! ralph.

Ralph, S was great racing. We missed having you guys down.

Qual was CLOSe. Harold Corbin got the pole at a 1:22.5 or something and then we were ALL stacked up behind him real close. 7 cars or so within 8 tenths of that.

I think it was Corbin-Eckerich-Spillman-Boatwright-Young-McCandless-Parrish-Hines.

Then, the ITS Miata arrived and put down a 22 flat in a drizzle Saturday afternoon. Sheesh that guy can drive!

We had three A cars in the mix up front and the start got jammed up. I got hung up on the inside and McCandless and Hines got around me. Corbin/Eckerich/Spillman drove off while we jostled with each other and they finished that way.

The Miata checked out for the win.

After a LOT of side by side racing, we sorted out Parrish-Young-McCandless-Charles Perry for 5th on back. Everybody was close on times though, except the Miata.

Great, close racing. Best racing in S in a while. Basically, .5 in qual on Saturday morning decided how you finished.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Smile Zoom Zoom Zoom......

Well,
    What else to say?
    Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!!!

Miatas looking really good right now for a ITS/ITA car... Hooked up and gone!!!

ISC and Mazda do offer a great product. Hard to beat.....or even keep in sight!
    Gives us all a target to shoot for in quality of car prep, and driving skills.

Great weekend Guys!!!

david spillman
    30 year old ITS car

Great weekend all around. I tested a full day and got close with train wreck. Every time it hit the scales it changed and we chased it too much. That frame is just toast. Hit a decent setup for the race and had a blast running with David but ran out of time and talent before I caught Harold in the Bimmer. Lap traffic really screwed him so I followed him through and got to his door at the checker. He was really up on the wheel this weekend. Thanks to everyone who pitched in to help get the Perry Z car fixed, I couldn't let him miss the race after the year he had. Good friends and good racing.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Congratulations to Andrew C and Kip x 2.

Fun race, sorry for smoking up the paddock with my Barber-hurt Miata.

I'll post some video of the start in a few minutes.

Are you kidding, that was the only time the bugs left us alone all weekend. Hope you get it ready for VIR.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)