Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sic/its

David carves some pretty nice lines himself......

The generally lighter weight on the A cars helps the most at Roebling I think.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Default road blocks....relativity

Yep, Laws of objects put into motion that have same contact patch apply here when changing direction.... or something like that..... But wait. I'm as light as all those A cars.... well...then improperly placed contact patches are my problem.... Old Z cars, but beauties to look at...LONG live the Z!!!!

David

Way too much coffee, expecting to work late tonight on the car....
    30 year old ITS car

James-
    Wasn't sure if I had correct email address. I can pm you the tech/cam data for the ITA cars, but I'm sure they bring that with them. I do think they remove the cams for testing.

I just want to say good luck to you all. Sorry I'm not there to get in your way ;~} And look forward to hearing all about your adventures soon.

Cheers

Victor
    E30 318is ITA

Question

Ok ITS folk, what's doing down there at Roebling?

R

Data is up on MyLaps.

Only drama was yesterday when Perry's brake line broke in turn 1, ended up in berm - severe damage. But they worked on car and made it to Q.

Default waitng !

what happened in our class ? (its) just waiting ! ralph.

Ralph, S was great racing. We missed having you guys down.

Qual was CLOSe. Harold Corbin got the pole at a 1:22.5 or something and then we were ALL stacked up behind him real close. 7 cars or so within 8 tenths of that.

I think it was Corbin-Eckerich-Spillman-Boatwright-Young-McCandless-Parrish-Hines.

Then, the ITS Miata arrived and put down a 22 flat in a drizzle Saturday afternoon. Sheesh that guy can drive!

We had three A cars in the mix up front and the start got jammed up. I got hung up on the inside and McCandless and Hines got around me. Corbin/Eckerich/Spillman drove off while we jostled with each other and they finished that way.

The Miata checked out for the win.

After a LOT of side by side racing, we sorted out Parrish-Young-McCandless-Charles Perry for 5th on back. Everybody was close on times though, except the Miata.

Great, close racing. Best racing in S in a while. Basically, .5 in qual on Saturday morning decided how you finished.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Smile Zoom Zoom Zoom......

Well,
    What else to say?
    Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!!!

Miatas looking really good right now for a ITS/ITA car... Hooked up and gone!!!

ISC and Mazda do offer a great product. Hard to beat.....or even keep in sight!
    Gives us all a target to shoot for in quality of car prep, and driving skills.

Great weekend Guys!!!

david spillman
    30 year old ITS car

Great weekend all around. I tested a full day and got close with train wreck. Every time it hit the scales it changed and we chased it too much. That frame is just toast. Hit a decent setup for the race and had a blast running with David but ran out of time and talent before I caught Harold in the Bimmer. Lap traffic really screwed him so I followed him through and got to his door at the checker. He was really up on the wheel this weekend. Thanks to everyone who pitched in to help get the Perry Z car fixed, I couldn't let him miss the race after the year he had. Good friends and good racing.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Congratulations to Andrew C and Kip x 2.

Fun race, sorry for smoking up the paddock with my Barber-hurt Miata.

I'll post some video of the start in a few minutes.

Are you kidding, that was the only time the bugs left us alone all weekend. Hope you get it ready for VIR.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I'll tell you what, if you knelt down in that paddock, you had the fire ant parade marching up your leg.

Weird weather, way warm.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Now that you said that, I will NEVER go to Roebling! Had a dozen fire ants bit my feet at Petit LeMans, and the itching JUST stopped. I still have these dark areas and scabbing, and other gross things going on. That was three weeks ago! Thanks for the warning!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I found that if you mix 3 ounces of Duraspan in 5 qts of Mobil one, you can make good HP and kill bugs at the same time.

Here's the start from my vantage point.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE2EHojXsp4[/ame]

Man.....that looks like a lot of fun! Maybe I could be right there in that open space beside Parrish on Jeff's bumper. I'm sorry I missed out on that one, dang ol dang ol.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 10-14-2009 at 08:09 AM.

with a little luck ....we'll be at vir doing the carolina cup ! hope we get to make it ! ralph

The "Artist Formerly Known as Big Boy" told me on the grid he was coming and damn if he didn't. He bump drafted me(more bump than draft) twice before getting impatient and plowing on by.

I love you IT guys - even Hoppe who thinks SCCA should add 200 lbs to Miatas and force the driver to tie his left hand behind his back.

Ron, that's some good vid. I need to talk to you about your camera setup, I am going to put on in the Turd8 in the winter.

Thanks for posting that. Are you going to put the whole race on Youtube?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8