Thread: Tire/Wheel questions

Default Tire/Wheel questions

Just curious as to what is the largest useable tire size you can put on a 6" wheel. On a side note anybody know for a fact where someone can find a 16x6 wheel? Has to be readily available, not a custom build either. Just got hosed in the october fastrack so I'm looking for options.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

I have run 185, 205 and 225 on mine.

5x100 I assume?

Not cheap:
    http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...0-p-58086.html

You don't want custom - but my guess is racer price on Spin Werks Series 82 made to your specs would be $250-$275 each. I see 16x7, 8, 9.5 and 10 out there, but they do make custom wheels. Jesse Prather at Prather Racing should be able to get them.

Also:
    http://www.usacomp.com/mo.htm
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I have fit 225/50 V710's and RA1's on 6" wide wheels on my A car before. It works fine with no issues. I thought I had more grip stuffing the 225 on a 6" than I had when running a 205 on the same wheel.

However, for best performance I think the tire bulges too much and there is an advantage to running 7" wide wheel with 225's (I know, ITB can't run those anyway, so just FYI I guess).
    Jared Cromas
    2012-2010 & 2008 Midwestern Council ITA Champion
    2008 Midwestern Council Driver of the Year
    SCSCC Race Steward
    #111 FP/ST '90 Gold/Blk Acura Integra

Quote Originally Posted by mc-integra111 View Post
    IHowever, for best performance I think the tire bulges too much and there is an advantage to running 7" wide wheel with 225's (I know, ITB can't run those anyway, so just FYI I guess).

Neither can ITC, not sure what I'm gonna do yet. Thinking of the 225/50 BFG's.

What really pisses me off is that in Showroom Stock I could run a stock wheel but when the car got moved to IT I'm no longer legally allowed to run the same wheel. B.S. if you ask me. Might end up getting protested every race for .5". Whatever, just trying to have fun, no money comes out of this anyways, just a never ending supply of money going in. That's just figurative, I for one do not have a never ending supply of moo-la.
    Chris

Ok after looking at those SSR's I've got to go change my shorts. 1 set costs almost as much as the car. Very nice, but no where near cost effective for me/us.
    Chris