Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many Z cars at the ARRC 2009?

thanks Jeff, the work paid off. I just looked at the SARRC points and I finished 3rd, just beat out Steve P. I really thought I was 4th, so the news was a big surprise for me.
    It in fact has got me juiced up to start working on the car.
    And let's see what happens to the Miata next year, sorta out classed us all.
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Perry View Post
    thanks Jeff, the work paid off. I just looked at the SARRC points and I finished 3rd, just beat out Steve P. I really thought I was 4th, so the news was a big surprise for me.
    It in fact has got me juiced up to start working on the car.
    And let's see what happens to the Miata next year, sorta out classed us all.
    I did the math before we left the track! Even if we had tied you would have won the tie break. You had a great year! I'm just sad to see that you aren't going to make the ARRC. I guess it will be up to Spillman and Williams to get a Z up front. Good luck guys!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

We need to get that Miata to a track with hills. Mike ran the North Course at VIR in it a few years back and we were all close to him time wise, and Spillman went a second faster (he has the track record). Those flat tracks like CMP, and Roebling and Palm Beach down your way, that's just easy pickens for an ITS Miata.

VIR and Road Atlanta, a different story I think.

Really looking forward to next year. Started off the season with a second place run to Eckerich at VIR, and even passed him and led for 3 laps.....it should be a lot of fun with you, Steve P., David, Jeff M., Harold, Ron, etc.

See you guys next spring.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Steve,
    Can you please give me the name of the Z parts guy you mentioned to me at Roebling.
    We can run with the Miata at Sebring, Homestead and Daytona but like you said Jeff, momentum tracks we are just spectators!
    I will have a somewhat limited season next year, daughter is getting married, severly cuts into the ole racing budget.........
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Perry View Post
    Steve,
    Can you please give me the name of the Z parts guy you mentioned to me at Roebling. .........
    Are you talking about Sports Car Salvage? Tony Drum is a long time SCCA racer in H prod. Retired now with heart problems, no doubt caused by working on British cars for so many years. 800-222-1323
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

I will be driving down from Asheville Saturday morning so if anyone has problems and needs a parts mule let me know. Good luck guys.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Steve P, it was the guy you wanted me to call about the lower control arm, you said he had many z parts but could be expensive. I think he was in Charlotte area??
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Thats the one. He has the parts you need...
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Charles, I look forward to seeing you back in action so I can look over your car. I have a slicktop 82 that I am considering building for ITS.

To echo Steve E's comment, I am headed to RA either late tomorrow or Saturday AM so if any of you guys need parts, etc. let me know and I will bring them along.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown