So.... I am trying to understand why the Audi is such a big deal in the future of IT right now.

From what I can figure out these are the facts:

acording to the current process it is classed 200 a 300 lbs over weight.

5 years ago I qualified pole for the ARRC with my brother .01 behind me on the grid... The next car was 1 second back from that. In the race I was involved in a turn one accident that put me in last place. I worked my way back up through the field to 3rd I think while beating the shit out of the car causing a wheel bearing failure. This caused me to loose the wheel mid turn... Needless to say I DNF. My brother had a wire short to the fuel pump on the third lap while barely leading the field and also DNF. We were not the fastest cars in the race despite our qualifying times and my charge through the field. The next day in the enduro we were much slower than 2 or 3 of our competiors. Niether car was torn down to verify legality however I will say that someone did question our air intake setup prior to the race (we felt it was legal and still to this day run the same set-up).

Prior to that success (if you call it that) in 2003 (?) the record was set nearly 1 second a lap faster than the Audi times with Peter Keenes Honda.

Since this race many new cars have been classed and beat our cars lap times reguarly at most races/tracks we run. The records and normal lap times at road Atlanta are now more than 2 seconds a lap faster than us and at the first IT Fest we were not even top 5.

Other fun facts are:

in the rain I qualified Pole at the NARRC runoffs in a 40 car field of ITS and ITB cars a couple Yeats ago... 2 weekends ago I started 5th in a 40+ car field at the Pro IT race with mostly ITR, ITS & ITA cars. Yes it was raining in qualifying but I hope that shows you I Sorta know how to drive and I would like to think that the sucess of our cars comes not only with the car but also the driver.

So with a that said... What facts am I missing? Why should this car/team combo be influencing the IT classification process and why does anyone still feel that the car should not be run through the same process that all the others that now easily beat us?

Raymond "Stephen, sorry if you don't like the posts but I really don't get this and I am increadably fustrated with all of the "Audi" references that obviosly refer to us" Blethen