Thread: October Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Or, just tell us what the loophole you perceive is and help us write a better rule.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Or, just tell us what the loophole you perceive is and help us write a better rule.
    It's probably the allowance of a second MAF.... There was a protest at a race in SFR that disqualified a racer because he was running two MAF's, the stock one and a second for his aftermarket ecu. Greg's probably planning on putting them in tandem then closing off the opening to the stock MAF for as much air flow as he can pull in
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    It's probably the allowance of a second MAF.... There was a protest at a race in SFR that disqualified a racer because he was running two MAF's, the stock one and a second for his aftermarket ecu. Greg's probably planning on putting them in tandem then closing off the opening to the stock MAF for as much air flow as he can pull in
    Hopefully Greg will let us know where we screwed the pooch but in your example, there is still no allowance to modify the physical characteristics of the OEM MAF. It was our intent to make sure the car breathed through the factory AFM, MAF, etc. no matter what you wanted to 'add' that could talk with your ECU.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Hopefully Greg will let us know where we screwed the pooch but in your example, there is still no allowance to modify the physical characteristics of the OEM MAF. It was our intent to make sure the car breathed through the factory AFM, MAF, etc. no matter what you wanted to 'add' that could talk with your ECU.
    I know that's what you intended. I'm just guessing at how Greg might take advantage of this new allowance. He does have more experience than I do at doing that.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Personally I am in SCCA to race not just to find loopholes and tricks to make my car faster. If I wanted that I would go do HPDE or track days... Anyone can look at anything on my car and I will try to explain anything on my car. I am here to race wheel to wheel not just because I have a bigger wallet or a better loophole.

AND NO spec class is not for me either... I like the challenge of different cars with different advantages around the track.

Stephen

After rereading the rules multiple times the only way I can see to use the change in the rule would be that if a car's intake restriction is the maf unit you could legally run 2 in parralel. Unless i'm missing something in the rules to prevent it.