Thread: October Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zaslow View Post
    Improved Touring

Item 1. Effective 1/1/10: Change section 9.1.3.D.1.a.6 as follows:
    The engine management computer may be altered or replaced. A throttle position sensor and its wiring may be added or replaced. A MAP or MAF sensor and its wiring may be added. Other existing sensors, excluding the stock air metering device, may be substituted for equivalent units.
    Well, I suppose allowing the addition of a MAF sensor, and not just a MAP sensor is a tiny step in the right direction. But I'm disappointed that there was no mention of correcting for the gross inequality brought about by allowing the open ECU rule, namely that some later model cars are better poised to take advantage and older cars are saddled with constraints posed by their archaic sensor set. But I'm just Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by GTIspirit View Post
    Well, I suppose allowing the addition of a MAF sensor, and not just a MAP sensor is a tiny step in the right direction. But I'm disappointed that there was no mention of correcting for the gross inequality brought about by allowing the open ECU rule, namely that some later model cars are better poised to take advantage and older cars are saddled with constraints posed by their archaic sensor set. But I'm just Sigh.
    But the only way to remedy that is to allow lots of alternate hardware, right? That's a huge slippery slope to unintended consequences.

K