Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October Fastrack

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Hopefully Greg will let us know where we screwed the pooch but in your example, there is still no allowance to modify the physical characteristics of the OEM MAF. It was our intent to make sure the car breathed through the factory AFM, MAF, etc. no matter what you wanted to 'add' that could talk with your ECU.
    I know that's what you intended. I'm just guessing at how Greg might take advantage of this new allowance. He does have more experience than I do at doing that.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Personally I am in SCCA to race not just to find loopholes and tricks to make my car faster. If I wanted that I would go do HPDE or track days... Anyone can look at anything on my car and I will try to explain anything on my car. I am here to race wheel to wheel not just because I have a bigger wallet or a better loophole.

AND NO spec class is not for me either... I like the challenge of different cars with different advantages around the track.

Stephen

After rereading the rules multiple times the only way I can see to use the change in the rule would be that if a car's intake restriction is the maf unit you could legally run 2 in parralel. Unless i'm missing something in the rules to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zaslow View Post
    FYI - October Fastrack
    1. Classify the 92-95 Honda Civic DX (2,3 & 4 door) in ITB as follows:
    (can't copy the chart, sorry)
    The reclassification spec line of the Civic DX into ITB has an error in the column for wheelbase. The Fastrack has the wheel base for the 2 (coupe) 3 (hatchback) door at 101.3" and the 4 door (Sedan) at 103.2". Every source of information I have seen has the wheel base of the 2 door coupe at 103.2” (same as the 4 door) and the 3 door as the only chassis with a wheel base of 101.3”. I can see where the mistake could of happened. In the ‘92 civic manual Honda calls the 3-door a “2-door hatchback” because Honda did not sell a 2 door coupe in model year ‘92. During model year ‘93 they introduced the 2 door coupe (with the same wheel base as the 4 door 103.2”). My ’94 civic manual included the 2-door coupe, 3 door hatchback, and the 4-door sedan body specs. The Coupe and sedan was 103.2" while the hatchback is 101.3". I'll double check tonight and post scans tomorrow.

Double checked.. need scanner
    Last edited by almskidd; 10-04-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Update: Confirmed.