Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scca Itr Vs Jp Bmw Club Racing Car

Default Cars cheating

Every car has parts that are not legal. I could come and find parts that are not legel in doc bro's car and dan jones car. For dan to start this thread is crazy. His car is extremely fast, to fast. Some people buy or have cars built and do not realize they are not legal, however Dan claims to do work on his car himself. While all the cars down south are not legal, I would assume dans is not if he can compete with them. Whats your opinion?????

Ewwwww Gotta love those anonymous first posts!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman321 View Post
    While all the cars down south are not legal, I would assume dans is not if he can compete with them. Whats your opinion?????
    That you're a one post wonder troll?

Every car has parts that are not legal. I could come and find parts that are not legel in doc bro's car and dan jones car. For dan to start this thread is crazy. His car is extremely fast, to fast. Some people buy or have cars built and do not realize they are not legal, however Dan claims to do work on his car himself. While all the cars down south are not legal, I would assume dans is not if he can compete with them. Whats your opinion?????
    Thank you, I take this as a compliment. My car is as open for inspection anytime anywhere. If you want to protest me please bring cash cause I don't accept American Express. I'll also be happy to give you Chuck Stickley's phone number since he built the engine and I asked for a full build LEGAL SCCA IT engine. Stickley's engines have passed tear downs at ARRC. I try and do things and deal with people as honestly as I possibly can all the time. I do all of the normal maintance myself but Jim Locke prepares the suspension and does the larger repairs. I only give him feed back so he can setup the car. Just remember, it takes a car and a driver to be fast.

hondaman321, who ever you are, your invited to my paddock area anytime your around.
    Again, thank you for the compliment, it is appreciated.
    Last edited by dj10; 10-01-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    I wanted to let some of you who are interested what point out the between these 2 cars and classes are. It will be easiest to just show what the BMW JP cars are allowed that the SCCA ITR cars are not.
    1. Cams
    2. upgrade front and rear brakes to 4 piston calipers
    3. Wings
    4. Valve springs, keepers, etc. are open
    Just to name a few things. A true built JP E36 325, 328, Z3 and/ or E30 M3 will NOT be legal in SCCA ITR.

I now return you to your normally scheduled programming.....
    We're not talking about the little stuff. I'm talking about the kind of stuff that would let a JP E30 M3 pull a full built E36 326 by 10 cars on the straights. No way is this going to happen with a legal built E30 M3. Not even if the driver is Hans Stuck.
    Oh, like the valve springs and keepers aren't little If you're looking for a major modification that'll pull 10 car lengths try a light weight aluminum flywheel. BTW, a new stock dual-mass is $647 from Pelican compared to a new aluminum is ~$400
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I am not saying you and only you. Lots of cars are not legal. You def do not have stock valve springs, and when your car idles and sounds like the compression is way to high? I have seen stickley motors in the past that have switched hands and then torn down and has illegal parts in them, keepers, retainers, springs. Lets not get started. The fact is IT is getting like world challenge was when turner race it a couple years ago. Everyone cheated and you could not win if you were not cheating. Also I have watched your car in some corners. You can not be that fast when the car handles that bad. I am sorry, it goes for alot of cars out there.
    Thanks,
    Biff

I am not saying you and only you. Lots of cars are not legal. You def do not have stock valve springs, and when your car idles and sounds like the compression is way to high? I have seen stickley motors in the past that have switched hands and then torn down and has illegal parts in them, keepers, retainers, springs. Lets not get started. The fact is IT is getting like world challenge was when turner race it a couple years ago. Everyone cheated and you could not win if you were not cheating. Also I have watched your car in some corners. You can not be that fast when the car handles that bad. I am sorry, it goes for alot of cars out there.
    Thanks,
    Biff
    Biff,
    I can't speak for ever ITR car out there, but I can speak for my car. I will say that everything in my head, cams, springs, retainers and valves are totally stock and I can run 93 octane in my engine. You couldn't do that if your compression is high. Your the only person who has ever said that my car looks like it handles badly. I have had many people come up to me and say how good the car looks through turns. I'd rather get a 2nd place finish and be legal than to win a race and know I was illegal. If you believe me or not, I can't help that. All I can do is tell you the truth.

The way Dan handled those lame allegations should be the way Bill Ball handles being inquired upon. Nobody is saying Bill is a cheater. He should be willing to jack up the car, especially if he shows up running stickers from another series that allows greater performance mods.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Whoever said Dan's car handles badly is nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Dan takes pride in dialing his car in........I have seen him try many spring, shock, ride height adjustments. I would like to see his data compared to others in corners. He or his car is no dog in any corner. For you to say he is only fast because of his motor is ignorant and if he is cheating put up the cash and tear him down... bet he won't care. I remember when he did have a junkyard engine and crap suspension in ITS and guess what...... he still found ways to win. I wish I could have seen him run 20 yrs ago.... btw Dan, you are no spring chicken!

Greg

"Dan, you are no spring chicken!
    Greg"

I'm not!!! Damn ever since Doc put 4 stents in my heart I feel like one. :~)

for arguments sake, you are correct. I do not drive, I have worked with scca for many years and get annoyed at post like this. I understand I come off as an asshole, however facts are facts. Last year at watkins glenn. A car in ITR (red bmw) not dan jones is known to have cams or at least I know it has large cams(very large). Dans car pulled this other itr bmw 8-10 cars down the straight aways. I do not care about his exit speed coming out of the corner compared to the other car, it was not that much different to pull 10 cars. Its like saying you have a legal sunbelt motor(when they were still around) and all they did was put gigantic cams in a built motor and shipped it. Come on. I have worked at enough places to sit at a track and realize which cars are legal and which are not. Today barely any are, E36's in the northeast had been legal in 2003-2004, however all the ones down south caused this ITR class. You can see that cars that are legal in ITR still compete with ITS because they should still be in that class. It was for all the people down south that had all the illegal parts and caused this mess. So anyway overall everyone cheats, if you are not thats great. But dont tell me you have a junkyard motor or a built legal motor and then pull 10 cars on a similar car that is known to be legally built.
    Thanks,
    Biff

Biff, I guess there is no way I can convince you that I'm legal. If your around when I'm racing please come over and at least say hi and look the car over. I carry my dyno sheets with me. I have no idea of the race you talked about and surely didn't know anything about the other illegal BMW you wrote of. Maybe his car wasn't running right? Who knows. All I will say that the people that I've raced against a lot know I am a man of my word and the duty, honor and intergity means something to me.
    BTW Biff, Thanks for all your work with the SCCA.

Thumbs down

f Today barely any are, E36's in the northeast had been legal in 2003-2004, however all the ones down south caused this ITR class. You can see that cars that are legal in ITR still compete with ITS because they should still be in that class. It was for all the people down south that had all the illegal parts and caused this mess.
    No Biff, not everyone all over cheats and cheating isn't unique to "the South".

And as far as the ITR "mess", you are flat out wrong. ITR was definitely a needed class. You can't stuff 240hp stock cars into ITS and not have the weights be so high as to make the car completely unusable.

ron i agree, ITR is a great class for other cars, however the e36 fully built to the rules will have a tough time beating an its e46 323 or an its rx7 or an itr 968 or an itr integra. e36's fit in ITS until everyone down south starting cheating. Its not a myth, it is true. I have seen 8-10 cars sold and then motors rebuilt from the south and not one(not one at all) was legal.

Biff, I guess there is no way I can convince you that I'm legal. If your around when I'm racing please come over and at least say hi and look the car over. I carry my dyno sheets with me. I have no idea of the race you talked about and surely didn't know anything about the other illegal BMW you wrote of. Maybe his car wasn't running right? Who knows. All I will say that the people that I've raced against a lot know I am a man of my word and the duty, honor and intergity means something to me.
    BTW Biff, Thanks for all your work with the SCCA.
    Dan, I don't know you from Adam (except on this forum), but your responses to Biff show me you're a real class act. Keep up the good work.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)