Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
1. and it is the most important suggestion, MAKE SURE ERIN IS AT EVERY RACE NEXT YEAR and see if she has any friends she wants to bring.
of course joe would think of this one 1st!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post

I feel strongly that the Pro-IT series should be IT. Meaning I like the idea of SM running in ITS/ITA. I have seen some dumb things happening on track recently and it's coming from the midpack SM guys. I'm not sure if they know what goes into a top notch ITR/S car but it definitely puts the value of these IT cars pretty high relative to a Miata. If they have to stay in their own class how about a split- start so they can just hammer one another? It seems the thought that some drivers in SM share is that contact is allowable under the guise of momentum or bump drafting. What I've observed now is that that very philosophy is tranferring across the classes. I was hit twice last race in the rain by SM's, once almost wrecking me. I think it's a mistake to not inforce on track contact heavily. If we want to keep the series professional we have to enforce a "modicum of decency toward one another". It'll tighten up the racing without increasing the repair bills.

R
allright.... enough!

SOME ITR DRIVERS NEED TO GO FASTER. c'mon guys.... why is a miata anywhere near you. think about.

also i think a better tone towards other racers is in order. issues with drivers should be discussed amongst those drivers and officials if necessary, not on a forum where is does no good.

you can keep bashing the miata contingent as much as you like. we are not going away anytime soon BUT i can guarantee darell anthony and bob zecca, that as soon as you take away SM as a class, you are going to lose entries (MONEY)!

we run in the pro it series for the same reasons like everyone else:

lots of time, excellent format, a few bucks to be had to offset expenses and generally a fantastic group of drivers and crew.

you don't hear us complaining that spec miata is not listed as part of the series name???

it's called PRO IT, which is just fine.

for those who are clueless, bumpdrafting (according to wikipedia) is as follows:

Bump drafting Bump drafting is a tactic used in NASCAR races at Talladega Superspeedway and Daytona International Speedway. The technique was initially popularized by the Archer Brothers in the SCCA Sportruck series during the late 1980s.[4] It begins as normal drafting, but the following car pulls up behind the lead car and bumps into the rear of it, pushing the lead car ahead, to maintain momentum.
If done roughly or in the wrong position (e.g. close to the entry of the turn), this tactic can destabilize the handling of the lead car sometimes causing a crash. Use of the tactic in this manner is known as slam drafting.

in other words...

don't do it entering a braking zone
don't do it in the middle of a corner
don't do it exiting a corner

yes i know it's not allowed by scca. but it happens. the scca officials will have to deem what is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
We can make an ITM class, save the $10 fee

This is what Atlanta has in their rules -
2.4 The Atlanta Region IT Miata (ITM); cars must conform to SMCS C.6.c.2. Regional Competition. A spec tire is not required. Showroom Spec Miata (SSM) conforming to the Atlanta Region SSM rules may compete in
ITM; ARRC SM (ASM) may compete in ITM; ASM must conform to ARRC rules for ASM.

I also heard the comment to keep Pro IT pure, drop SM/SSM all together. Make them run ITA or ITS.
NO.

i agree to give the miatas a split start (trust me, we love them) and all the 1st lap b.s. can be avoided for the most part.

but keep SM.

this series is only 2 years old. let's not change so much of it that we lose sight of what it could be 5-10 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by TimM ITB View Post
I have no idea as to how "possible" this is, but I like the idea of running at different tracks, not the same track mutlitple times. So my recommendation is to get the series to as many different tracks as we can in 2010. Even saying that, we need to be careful about long distance hauls and the costs involved.

Tracks that I would like to see on the schedule in order of priority:

Watkins Glen
LRP
NJMP - thunderbolt
VIR
Mid Ohio
Pocoono
NHMS

Again, don't know if it is possible, but this way there is no "home" track for anyone, and we could expose the series from Virginia to Ohio - which is another important point for our sponsors, and for promoting the series as a REAL series.

And once again -- 2009 has been excellent --- big thanks to Bob and Darrel for putting it all together!

Tim M
YES,YES,YES!!!!

more tracks...although i disagree with the order of importance.....Pocono should be at the top.