Thread: TeamDI Pro IT - 2010 Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No complaints Jerry!!

It's just that if I decide to "tap" a Miata then I "tap" with 130+ more HP and 500+ lbs more weight. I guaran-damn-tee you'll know it when I bump you.

Us ITR guys can get a lot of attention if we play by "those" rules. My guess is then you'd see some real complaining if we started moving Miata's. Facts being facts the GCR does not allow for contact.

Good for the Goose... blah blah blah.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Two points Rob,
    1) I've been passed by some poorly driven ITR cars and had to work hard in order to not hit them!
    2) Miatas, can't live with them and can't live without them!
    Jerry
    NER South

PRO-IT and Pro-SM split start is the best suggestion so far. I love running with a lot of the SM cars, but the mix doesn't work well. We mess their race up and they mess up our body pannels!!! lol It is true though the classes don't mix very well.

The Pro-SM name will bring in more entries, and the split start will give both IT classes and the SM class more individual attention...

I also vote for less races at NJMP... I have to ask (Not trying to be rude but...) is the series priority interest in making NJMP races successful or is it a priority to help all regions and all races across the northeast?

Summit would be cool (and that is a Team DI location isn't it?) and VIR would be cool. Nelson Ledges and Beaver Run would also probably enjoy a visit from Erin and the rest of us!

I probably wouldn't be able to make the commute however if it does go to Mid Ohio it would have to be during the IT fest weekend...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I would do a race at Summit also - that's a fantastic race and the region puts on a really excellent event. There is a whole crew at that place that cool to meet.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

What he said ^
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I am concerned.

While we have in Pro-IT a great series, organized by terrific and caring individuals, and attended by enthusiastic participants, I do not think we have adequately concerned ourselves with the bigger picture.
    By design, the Pro-IT series is parasitic. It requires a host to put on the event, schedule the track, organize the volunteers and paid workers, etc. etc. etc.

par⋅a⋅site [par-uh-sahyt] –noun 1.an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.

While the word parasite has a generally negative connotation, that is not the point I am trying to make. What I am concerned about is that we have many people supporting the development of the parasite, disproportionate to the comparatively meager support of the host.
    Without a healthy host, the parasite eventually dies.

To illustrate this, I need only point out the current preregistration numbers for the October Pro-IT and Regional event at NJMP:

...... Reg ....Pro
    SM..... 1...... 3
    ITR.... 3...... 8
    ITS.... 2...... 9
    ITB.... 1...... 3
    ITA.... 1...... 1

....... 8...... 24

I know many of you have read at least a few of the other threads regarding the future of IT. While much of the talk is of rule changes, there is still a considerable amount of discussion about the current recession driven overcapacity (ie too many events, not enough participants).

Some make take my remarks as "Glenn calling the baby ugly", but they are meant to encourage discussion that will make the host healthy, to continue the success of the newly popular Pro-IT series.

For example, I support the suggestion that future Pro-It races not be scheduled on the same days as a regional event at a different "nearby" track.

Also, in reference to the chart above, I suggest that in future Pro-IT races that are held with Regionals, paid participation in the Regional should be a requirement for the Pro-IT.
    To this idea I know that some might say "I cannot afford to do both the regional and the Pro-IT"...to that I respond that you are asking others to carry the load for you, and those others are not forthcoming.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post

I am concerned.

While we have in Pro-IT a great series, organized by terrific and caring individuals, and attended by enthusiastic participants, I do not think we have adequately concerned ourselves with the bigger picture.
    By design, the Pro-IT series is parasitic. It requires a host to put on the event, schedule the track, organize the volunteers and paid workers, etc. etc. etc.

par⋅a⋅site [par-uh-sahyt] –noun 1.an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.

While the word parasite has a generally negative connotation, that is not the point I am trying to make. What I am concerned about is that we have many people supporting the development of the parasite, disproportionate to the comparatively meager support of the host.
    Without a healthy host, the parasite eventually dies.

To illustrate this, I need only point out the current preregistration numbers for the October Pro-IT and Regional event at NJMP:

...... Reg ....Pro
    SM..... 1...... 3
    ITR.... 3...... 8
    ITS.... 2...... 9
    ITB.... 1...... 3
    ITA.... 1...... 1

....... 8...... 24

I know many of you have read at least a few of the other threads regarding the future of IT. While much of the talk is of rule changes, there is still a considerable amount of discussion about the current recession driven overcapacity (ie too many events, not enough participants).

Some make take my remarks as "Glenn calling the baby ugly", but they are meant to encourage discussion that will make the host healthy, to continue the success of the newly popular Pro-IT series.

For example, I support the suggestion that future Pro-It races not be scheduled on the same days as a regional event at a different "nearby" track.

Also, in reference to the chart above, I suggest that in future Pro-IT races that are held with Regionals, paid participation in the Regional should be a requirement for the Pro-IT.
    To this idea I know that some might say "I cannot afford to do both the regional and the Pro-IT"...to that I respond that you are asking others to carry the load for you, and those others are not forthcoming.

Glenn,

The Oct Pro-IT/Reg is Fri/Sat/Sun. I think that having 2 races back to back with event participation on Fri may be part of the problem. I'll go to the Oct Pro-IT but not the regional for this reason. I can only give my employees so many unpaid fridays off before they asked me to pay them!! For all the self-employeed folks out there having to take another day off really adds to the weekend costs.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

I share your concerns Glenn. The discount for the combination of reg and Pro IT is a great thing and the region tries the best to make it work.

However for this case we need to consider that not everyone can make it Friday (means travel to NJ on Thursday). If everything is on the weekend it should be less of a problem to run both. Also as a guess it might be too much driving time that specific weekend for some - tires, personal fitness etc. Last but not least the regional that weekend is not a NARRC points race.

So again, I second your point, just that weekend is a bit more difficult.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

2010 Pro IT Series
    Round 1 - April 10 - New Hampshire Motor Speedway - NER - with NeSCCA National
    Round 2 - May 15 - Lime Rock Park - MoHud/NNJR - with NeSCCA National
    Round 3 - June 5-6 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - SJR - NeSCCA National
    Round 4 - June 26-27 - Summit Point Raceway- WDC - with NJRRS/MARRS
    Round 5 - July 24-25 - Watkins Glen International - GLEN - with double NARRC
    Round 6 & 7 - August 13-15 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - JRB - with ARCA

Rules have been updated on www.NJRRS.com

Things that changed:
    Entry points
    Prize funds

Comments welcome, see you in March at the RoundTable and the April at NHMS.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    2010 Pro IT Series
    Round 1 - April 10 - New Hampshire Motor Speedway - NER - with NeSCCA National
    Round 2 - May 15 - Lime Rock Park - MoHud/NNJR - with NeSCCA National
    Round 3 - June 5-6 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - SJR - NeSCCA National
    Round 4 - June 26-27 - Summit Point Raceway- WDC - with NJRRS/MARRS
    Round 5 - July 24-25 - Watkins Glen International - GLEN - with double NARRC
    Round 6 & 7 - August 13-15 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - JRB - with ARCA

Rules have been updated on www.NJRRS.com

Things that changed:
    Entry points
    Prize funds

Comments welcome, see you in March at the RoundTable and the April at NHMS.
    I see that each round will have a $300 entry. My question is if the double in NJ is $600?

"4.2 Entry fee will be determined on a race by race basis by the host region, Pro IT Manager or race promoter. The entry fee for an event will be in the range of $300 to $400 based on the venue. Exceptions must be approved by the Pro IT Administrator."

As far as entry fee - I get the feeling these should be $350 - $400 as the norm. $150 in the prize fund for sure.

The double should be $400 - $450.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Stephen

I see that each round will have a $300 entry. My question is if the double in NJ is $600?
    The entry of each round is set by the host region and can range from $300 to $400 per rule 4.2. We don't have a final agreement with NJMP for the double on the ARCA weekend but we expect that it will be close to last year's fee.

See ya at the races

Terry