Thread: Suspension Suspension Suspension!!!! HELP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    Call Ground Control; have them set you up.
    Awesome starter kit includes the SPSS3 Koni single adj. with a set of Ground Control coilovers. The shocks are good for 1000f/700r springs and the coilovers allow you to sway springs until the cows come home.

Something else... I recommend going on the conversative side of spring rates. I use spec rally tarmac spring rates and then add 50 lbs +/1 depending on your choice. I use 750f/450r.

Enjoy!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Yep, revalved Koni's (SPSS3 valving or you may be able to buy "off the shelf" race valved Koni's which are the same thing) combined with Ground Control threaded body coil over perches are a great combo. These Koni's can handle rates up to, and a bit above, 1000#.

Spring rate is something to research and be prepared to tune... most folks run a rear stiff bias. i.e. 600F 900R
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I found the koni race spss3 "race" struts with the ground control kit is that what you guys are refering to...
    Last edited by andysland; 09-22-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Yep, those are the ones. I know on the 88-91 cars they're revalved and shortened. Not sure if they're shortened for your chassis too.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I found a few different vendors that sell the combo with the koni race and the ground control and the best I could find was running around $1350 then the sport for $799 and the top hats for about $120 a pair. Is there a vendor that is selling them any cheaper or is this the best I can get?? And Im tring to figure what would probly be the best spring rate for the ft and rear....

On our A CRX, we're running 650 front, 900 rear, works ok on some tracks, but is a bit to tail happy at others for this old man to keep up with (Mid-O). Sorting some options now for next year.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

I was of the understanding that you want more in front due to weight unless you are lookin for more of a oversteel on the car. with that 900 on rear that does sound like a little much wooo hold on.. But there is situation were that would be better for sure. Im no expert thats for sure.
    Last edited by andysland; 09-23-2009 at 08:38 AM.