Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ita 92 civic hatchback dx ?

Default Ita 92 civic hatchback dx ?

Hello everyone Im new to the site I was refered by a friend that has been racing scca for a long time. So here is the question I have a 92 civic hatchback dx with a 1.5L and in the hand book I'm put in the same class as the civic SI crx which has a 1.6L and is light what would I have to do to get the advantage on him if anything. And is there any other 92-96 hb out there because I keep searching but come up with no one is there a reason is it not a competive car? I would think so with the weight to power ratio. I heard that they might put us in itb? Can I get some input please.....
    Thanks

The IT advisory board recommended moving this car to B in June. The Club Racing Board will make the final decision.

K

If the car doesn't get bumped down to ITB, you might look at "converting" your car to Si specs and running it in ITA. It's not been shown to be the car to have but might be more competitive than with the DX engine.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I've been waiting for two years for that car to be moved to ITB. The recommendation has been made by the ITAC, but it's now in the CRB's hands, so we continue to wait. Hopefully soon.

Other option, like Christian said, is to convert it to a Si and run it in ITA. However, the Si had power steering and a sunroof, so good luck with that.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

We are also waiting on that decision. One of our guys is building one, I doubt highly that you could get it down to the spec weight with et1.5L in ITA.. but I have been wrong before. We have stripped eveything, and hopefully in the next month will see how much it weighs with the 1.5L in it.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

The DX 92-95 civic just got moved into ITB and the weight is 2345. Seems the hatachback should be easy to get to that weight. Hopefully that d15b7 will respond well to exhaust, if so it should be fine in ITB at that weight.

By the way I am building the DX that quadzjr was talking about. I'll have it on wheels in the next few weeks and then in november it will be out on the track at roebling during an HPDE. We will see how it does.

Niiice. Should be a good car for the class.

keep us in the know on how it turns out

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by almskidd View Post
    The DX 92-95 civic just got moved into ITB and the weight is 2345. Seems the hatachback should be easy to get to that weight. Hopefully that d15b7 will respond well to exhaust, if so it should be fine in ITB at that weight.

By the way I am building the DX that quadzjr was talking about. I'll have it on wheels in the next few weeks and then in november it will be out on the track at roebling during an HPDE. We will see how it does.
    I was able to get my ITA 92 si down to 2080 w/o ballast, human and gas. The DX should make weight EASY!

Good luck! Let us know if you need any more help!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

My car did very well at Savannah last weekend. No significant problems. I need a lot more spring rate all around, but that was to be expected ( I went kinda weak because I was scaried of killing my brand new, first time on the track, race car. Plus I had never been on slicks before and didn't know what to expect. ;-P ). Anyway car seems to be fine. I on the other hand need work!

CONGRATS! what spring rates again?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

what makes you think you need more spring? I never saw the tires going positive camber or really any real body rol. you were just barely lifting the inside rear wheel on the off-camber stuff during braking. when I was behind you. I was using your car as a baseline. In comparison I had much more body roll.

coming out of 4... BTW.. Josh you did really well. car was running decent times, and was hardly using the tires.. I wish the same could be said about me.

Last edited by quadzjr; 11-17-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

What rates/bars are you guys running currently?

It is GREAT to see that car with an ITB on the side. A super addition to the class, I think.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    What rates/bars are you guys running currently?
    I know what he is running, but whehter or not he wants to share I will let him do it. I am on 450/450 and in the pic I may have been 400/450. With my motion ratio being significatly higher than say a civic. I can get away with relativley softer springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    It is GREAT to see that car with an ITB on the side. A super addition to the class, I think.

K
    It was pretty cool, the car did great for a junkyard motor with new rings, no prep, and little drive time. lasted the whole weekend with no issues... Other than when he decided to stuff the turn 1 infield into the bead.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 11-17-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

I agree with Kirk...that is pretty cool!
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Stole my paint job!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

cool... a sedan! nice! i like the touring car approach. those things are rather cheap arent they? definately different. if you eve make to VIR, look me up. the ITB fields have been in the neighborhood of 6-8 cars, so there is plenty of rrom for more.

any difficulties in turning that into a race car?

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post
    cool... a sedan! nice! i like the touring car approach. those things are rather cheap arent they? definately different. if you eve make to VIR, look me up. the ITB fields have been in the neighborhood of 6-8 cars, so there is plenty of rrom for more.

any difficulties in turning that into a race car?

hoop
    No problems at all thanks to the trackspeed crew (Chip, Steve and Dave) and Rafy. They helped me out in every capacity and are the only reason I was able to get the car to this point so fast.

By no means is the car ready for tech inspect but the important parts are there and working and I have plunty of time to finish it up before school.
    Last edited by almskidd; 11-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Stole my paint job!
    I love my orange paint job

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

K
    Thanks. I hope to be doing well out there.

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    what makes you think you need more spring? I never saw the tires going positive camber or really any real body rol. you were just barely lifting the inside rear wheel on the off-camber stuff during braking. when I was behind you. I was using your car as a baseline. In comparison I had much more body roll.

coming out of 4... BTW.. Josh you did really well. car was running decent times, and was hardly using the tires.. I wish the same could be said about me.
    I think a little more up front would possible help with the inside rear lifting. But before I go changing rates I have a number of things to do to help with that. Mainly I was concerned with the locking of the wheel. I am hoping to get that to stop or somehow minimize it. I am running 500 up front and 700 in the rear. The rear sway is an ASR 32mm hollow (beautiful peice).
    Last edited by almskidd; 11-18-2009 at 02:46 PM.