Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OVR Double Regoinal 10/10 & 10/11 at Mid-Ohio!

So............ Any records fall?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    Jay - not that I know of. But I may be wrong. I was talking with drivers and they said qualifying was like ice in the morning but the track started to come around in the late morning for the first races. Sunday morning was FREEZING but surprisingly the drivers said the track had really good grip.

And I survived the camp out Saturday night. I was awoken to the sound of group 1 qualifying Sunday morning. What a way to wake up. Now if that could happen every morning instead of hearing the alarm clock I would be in a great mood everyday! And I didnt freeze to the ground. But it was cold. haha
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    I cut the ITA pro-course record to a 1:40.84 on Sunday. Previous was a 1:41.15. Plenty of sunshine and cool temps helped, but the car was excellent.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    I cut the ITA pro-course record to a 1:40.84 on Sunday. Previous was a 1:41.15. Plenty of sunshine and cool temps helped, but the car was excellent.
    Really? Nice. Congrats on that. You were running very strong. What happened with your Dad in your FP car? I saw him coming back on the flatbed but the car (from the angle I saw it from) didnt look to be damaged..
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

Results from C?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Jason - Shawn Hobbs was the only ITC car to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post
    What happened with your Dad in your FP car? I saw him coming back on the flatbed but the car (from the angle I saw it from) didnt look to be damaged..
    He had a run in with a T2 Mustang in the keyhole. You must've seen the right side of the car, as the left side is pretty fucked. Car launched a good five feet into the air and slammed back down, luckily not rolling. He got a free ride to the hospital but nothing was found other than some bruised ribs. It was a serious hit; he can barely move today, but will be fine. The car on the other hand needs some work; it was mostly contained to the left rear. It'll be back.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin, the Lotus driver Jeff Degrieck sp?, has video of the incident with Brett. You told me he lost the brakes did you determine if that was true? I hope he feels better soon, I am sure the landing was pretty violent. I know I was sore for a couple of days after writing off my car Labor Day weekend.

matt

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Jason - Shawn Hobbs was the only ITC car to show up.

He had a run in with a T2 Mustang in the keyhole. You must've seen the right side of the car, as the left side is pretty fucked. Car launched a good five feet into the air and slammed back down, luckily not rolling. He got a free ride to the hospital but nothing was found other than some bruised ribs. It was a serious hit; he can barely move today, but will be fine. The car on the other hand needs some work; it was mostly contained to the left rear. It'll be back.
    REALLY? No kidding. Yeah I only saw the right side of the car. And saw your dad limping to the ambulance. Glad he is doing ok though.
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by xr4racer View Post
    Kevin, the Lotus driver Jeff Degrieck sp?, has video of the incident with Brett. You told me he lost the brakes did you determine if that was true? I hope he feels better soon, I am sure the landing was pretty violent. I know I was sore for a couple of days after writing off my car Labor Day weekend.

matt
    I finally looked at the Traqmate data last night and it's kind of wierd. The car does start to decelerate at about the same point as previous laps, but at a slower rate. You can see the car change direction as he veers to miss the back of the Mustang, and then again (and the 4.5G impact) when the two cars make contact. The only time it showed max deceleration was right before the impact, but that could've been due to the car being sideways and scrubbing speed. So I don't really know what happened. The car itself isn't leaking any brake fluid, the reservoir is full, the pads are almost new, it still has positive pedal feel, and I've never experienced any brake problems with that car peronally. The car does get quite a bit of pad knock-back though, just as my ITA car does, and when I drive it I'm constantly pumping the brake pedal with my left foot before braking zones, especially if I've been hitting any curbs. But if I don't, it doesn't mean there won't be any brakes at all, it just means the pedal's going to be a lot longer and delayed. So I don't know, maybe he hit the curbs really hard in turn one and the pads knocked back like crazy, causing the delay in max deceleration into the keyhole. Just a theory, as I really don't know for sure what happened.

I gotta give it up to the Isaac Head & Neck Restraint System as my Dad's neck has absolutely zero soreness or pain or anything. The best product on the market! Works instantly, and in all directions!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin,

I am so glad your dad is ok. I saw the video from Jeff's Lotus and that was one hellava hit!

See you in Atlanta
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring