Thread: Bushing Wear

Default Bushing Wear

Last month I wiped out my Motorcycle, and now I am having to put together a car. I am using the parts off of one of my Gen 2 RX7 ITS cars (I am out of work and out of $ after the wreck). Question is, has any one used the Delrin Bushings on a street car? I was trying to figure out how long they would last?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRX7 View Post
    Question is, has any one used the Delrin Bushings on a street car? I was trying to figure out how long they would last?
    Numerous guys at www.rx7club.com use solid bushings and most just complain of a rough and loud ride. Wearing out should not be an issue.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Quote Originally Posted by mbuskuhl View Post
    Numerous guys at www.rx7club.com use solid bushings and most just complain of a rough and loud ride. Wearing out should not be an issue.
    I agree with this. I drove a Miata for years on the street with delrin bushings, and wear was not an issue and I was autocrossing monthly. It really does make the ride a teeth-rattling experience, and you gotta keep em lubricated or they will squeak like crazy.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."