Thread: Thoughts on BF Goodrich g-Force R1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really there are only two issues with BFG R1's.

1. None of the track support tire suppliers carry them. That means going the tire rack route and having them mounted elsewhere. That is not a problem for me as I only use the track support for something that comes up at the track. Additionally the BFG is $25-30 cheaper than the R6. That makes up for not having the easy delivery at the track in my view.

2. There are no payoffs for running them as opposed to the Hoosier contigencies. But since a Hoosier is good for two race weekends max and the BFG is good for more than double that I am not sure that really matters either.

As Titanium mentioned the BFG is very wide. A 245 BFG is the same width as a 275 Toyo. The R6 Hoosier is in between. Going down a size can also save some money.

An easy plan is to buy two sets of sticker BFG R1's for the ARRC. Take care of them and those 8 tires can last you all the way thru the next season.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

I am sold. I will try them out.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

We run them on our type r for endurance racing. Good grip, we tested them compared to the Hoosiers and couldn't see an appreciable difference. Except the BFG's don't go away and last very well. Everything I read above is consistent with our experieinces.