Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
Phil, Great video! Really shows the challenges of racing in the rain... not just the traction its the visibility! :eek:

On the good side it looks like from your video that SM had a split start in the Pro-IT race

Stupid me with the rain and a split start I should have gone!
Stephen

Stephen
That was the regional. No split start for Pro-IT....there were only 5 Miatas.

Great race on both days. On Saturday my secret weapon paid off nicely ( a new set of Rain Tires). I tried the same strategy on Sunday and got off to a great start. I tried to build a big cushion as most of the front of the grid was on dries with only me and Dan Jones on wets. We went out of the gates like a bat out of hell and I led a good portion of the race. As a strong dry line developed the Autotechnic boys came by blisteringly fast along with Rooke and Fred Fox. I held on with going away tires to finish third in class and 5th overall, and clinching the Pro-ITR championship.

Thank You Bob, Terry, Darrell and all others who contributed to a great season. I thoroughly enjoyed racing this series the last two years. Great racing, Great sponsorship, great trophies, Great folks manning the helm....what more could you want. Thanks again for everything.

R