Thread: TEAMDI PROIT Round 8/9 at NJMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Phil, Great video! Really shows the challenges of racing in the rain... not just the traction its the visibility! :eek:

On the good side it looks like from your video that SM had a split start in the Pro-IT race

Stupid me with the rain and a split start I should have gone!
    Stephen

Stephen
    That was the regional. No split start for Pro-IT....there were only 5 Miatas.

Great race on both days. On Saturday my secret weapon paid off nicely ( a new set of Rain Tires). I tried the same strategy on Sunday and got off to a great start. I tried to build a big cushion as most of the front of the grid was on dries with only me and Dan Jones on wets. We went out of the gates like a bat out of hell and I led a good portion of the race. As a strong dry line developed the Autotechnic boys came by blisteringly fast along with Rooke and Fred Fox. I held on with going away tires to finish third in class and 5th overall, and clinching the Pro-ITR championship.

Thank You Bob, Terry, Darrell and all others who contributed to a great season. I thoroughly enjoyed racing this series the last two years. Great racing, Great sponsorship, great trophies, Great folks manning the helm....what more could you want. Thanks again for everything.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

That was a tough weekend - had no rains and went out on slicks. I think I was lapped 5 times by ITC rabbits to finish a solid last place. Left that afternoon and wish I had stayed for the dry race Sunday!

Next year - a full compliment of tires and wheels. Not having the cost of building a car will free up the extra budget.

Congrats to Doc Bro, Autotechnic, Flatout, Ridge Racing and all the Pro IT competitors - great season racing with all of you.

Looking forward to laying down some smack on you guys over the winter :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Ben you get the Bravery award.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

New rains on Sat and dries on Sun were the tickets. I had the opposite both days, but still had a blast racing. I came down to learn a new track and to meet some new people, I did both. Rob & Jeff from Autotechnic did a nice job both days. Rob Breault & I had some real fun Sat until some cars slamed the door on me a few times and rob got away. That's racing. Hopefully I'll be able to do more races with you guys next year.

To the ITB BMW, Ken Hubbard I want to apologize for the force off in blind right hander, what ever turn that is. I slide out to far trying to chase down Rob B. Although we didn't touch I didn't mean to push you out that wide. It looked like you saved it, I'm glad, good driving.

Thanks for the apology Dan. There was approximatly 3 to 5 inches of water off the track at that point. I did a tank slapper and every time I was sideways, a huge wave of water grass and mud came in each corrisponding window. I let the all grass dry on my helmut and will post a photo soon.
    I would like to thank everyone for another fantastic season. Who would believe driving around in circles, just as fast as you can,
    with a bunch of other crazy people, could be so much fun.
    I felt soo bad for the workers this past weekend. Hope all you guys/gals, finaly dried off and warmed up. "Thankyou all very much"
    I felt a little abandoned this weekend without the Blethen Bro's and Tim. Rick bailed out the last minute as well. Missed you guys. Mr. Reese put up a good fight in the dry on Sun. Although he was going pretty fast, Mr. Reese had his hands full in the rain on Sat., with only slicks.