If you guys are talking about the guy who was the subject of "A Protest Story", yes, he's in the same car and racing, presumably clean. He's a good driver. Very good. But I'll stop short of great, LOL.

As for the Paris bound protestee, it is not uncommon for the tools, the physical space, and or the conditions at the track to be inappropriate for a teardown, and arrangements have been made in the past to perform such work at other locations and at a later date. Clearly, the car gets towed to a neutral third party that both parties agree on.

It's a real shame that option wasn't presented to the protestee. In the NE, there is a Steward that is called in to act as a liason and adviser to those involved in a protest. In our case, he, I felt, spent significant time with the protestee and was presumably explaining the options available.

If I were the guy who needed to be in Paris, I'd seriously look at lodging some form of complaint that the matter wasn't handled in a manner that allowed me to defend himself.

One thing I don't like about the protest process is that it is a very shocking thing to have happen, and the clock is ticking; your answers and actions are needed quickly, and the wrong answer can prove lethal.

It's also interesting that the protester didn't list a variety of other easy to check items. He clearly felt the protestee was of a cheating mind, and there are a lot of cheap things he could have done that are far more likely to hit pay dirt than the items he listed. Some would have been obvious in the disassembly.