Charlie, I don't think I'm arguing as much as highlighting issues.

I did see those BMWs at Summit. And I saw a guy who hasn't been to Summit bring his stuff.

(Andthe next statement isn't to toot my own horn, but there's a point to be made)

Did you see a guy bring an RX-7 who had never run Summit and set a track record that was nearly a half second under the existing record? (That was two years old, I'm told). I guess the other cars in the class aren't competitive, right? Maybe the 'new' car needs weight. Yea, well, they are ALL RX-7s. (IT-7s).

So, was my car faster? Why? Was I faster? Why?

Same thing can be said for ITB.

And I watched an ITB BMW win the ProIT race at NJMP the very next weekend. And he beat the controversial Blethen Audi.

Here's what I'm saying. Some of you guys want to "add a little weight" as you said, to the overdogs in ITB. (In your case)
I ask you, HOW? How do we know Tristian was legal? or Dave Gran? Or that the BMWs weren't/were on the fresh rubber? Could Randy Pobst get in my car and run faster? Hell yea! How about in the BMWs? I bet he could. And I bet Penske could wring more performance out of them too.
HOW do you tell the membership that 50/100/150/whatever pounds is right?
HOW do you do that repeatedly?
How do we know what we think we know, and how do we apply it objectively, transparently, and with repeatability???

That's NOT a rhetorical question, help us by answering it. But make sure your answers pass the sniff test. If you answer, "We trust you", that's a fail. WE won't be in the position forever, or even into the moderate future. Heck, there are some that want us to rotate out now.