Thread: Problem Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The scirocco II is a faster car in IT trim then a rabbit GTI. The 50lbs is justified. We have raced both in ITB back to back with the same parts just switch chassis, same motor, trans, suspension, etc. The scirocco was faster. Now how the comp board came to that I have not idea, but seems correct to me.

Derek
    Derek Ketchie SEDiv

Thanks for the feedback guys. It sounds like the Rabbit/Scirocco situation is actually classed accurately. The question then becomes, how do we do the same for future cases? As noted there is no provision in the process for aero, rightly or wrongly, and I think we can agree that you will not be able to achieve a power disparity between the two. So if they were classed today, what would be the mechanism to get them 'right'?
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. It sounds like the Rabbit/Scirocco situation is actually classed accurately. The question then becomes, how do we do the same for future cases? As noted there is no provision in the process for aero, rightly or wrongly, and I think we can agree that you will not be able to achieve a power disparity between the two. So if they were classed today, what would be the mechanism to get them 'right'?
    In the new reality? Lobby. And hope you have friendly ears among the decision makers - or at least that you haven't pissed any of them off at any point.

K

or at least that you haven't pissed any of them off at any point.

K[/quote]

Damn Kirk--I am really screwed!!
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)