Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Problem Cars

They are honda's but i'll point out 1992 prelude s and the 94-97 accord ex are both likely capable undeveloped ITA cars. the prelude in particular reads almost like an ita integra but about 90 lbs heavier and more torque. I'm guessing it might be a better car for places like road atlanta and road america than the integra is.

Just being Honda Centric, I think the high hp/displacement VTEC hondas have a difficult time. At already being 100 hp per liter, they don't have much to work with in terms of HP improvement. Del Sol VTEC is especially tough given its about 2350 dry and empty, about 150 pounds heavier than Civic Si with same engine. For picking winners, a trait that helps is finding a car with about 0.6 hp per liter. I think an engine at that power range best benefits with the mild compression, header, computer and intake improvements allowed in IT. If a car is at 100 hp/liter, its likely the manufacturer has already done those things.

like a car that had 121hp from the factory and 2.7L of displacement? thats only 44hp per liter
    Last edited by ericblois; 09-24-2009 at 01:59 AM.

I'm just now catching up on THIS thread, but I have to ask Charles about on track performance. Wasn't the Summit record FIRST broken this year by a Volvo and not by Tristen?
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    Jeff, Eric...re.the 318 BMW with M42. I have done quite a bit of research regarding this motor with the thought of changing for a more balanced car. First, I could not find anyone that has done a full IT build. Second, those who have played with the motor have said it will not respond to tuning the way the M20 does...i.e., you can't really improve on the factory numbers. That being the case, the car is too heavy as classified. Chuck
    Boy, would I like to be able to "tune" the M20 in my 325e. I'm getting buried under all the Piņatas showing up in ITA in the Midwest.

Any hints as to where to look?
    ----------
    Tim Gerrity
    MiDiv ITA #64