Thread: Problem Cars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm saying you can't fairly do it across the board and I own an effected car. 90 civic hatch. the way you describe would allow me to have tighter bearings(not easy with sealed bearings but possible), tighter tranny, maybe a little rear drum brake drag, not to mention the airdamn/splitter issue still exists. Now, I switch all those back, after getting a worse than true number in your test, to the loose/good parts and where am I at. Remember drivetrain loss on a dyno is measured in coastdown with the clutch in, would still apply here so car to car is also apples to oranges. Every rwd car would in theory have a worse cfd than an identical body fwd car if you were attempting to measure it in this manor because of the drivetrain. It may work fairly well to compare a 2 identical chassis volkswagens, maybe even the honda's assuming in either example similar bearing, breaks, rideheights, airdamns, etc.. But your example doesn't work at all to compare either to a pinto. Lots of things going on different.
    Last edited by frnkhous; 09-12-2009 at 12:24 AM.