Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LRP NARRC Runoffs

Nice work Shane and Andy.

Dam Honda Nation.

Great running with you guys and ITA all year and look forward to next year.
    Steven Frederick
    NER

ITA Miata-24

I wasn't sure I had made the right choice the first couple of laps. Max got me on the start but knowing he was on Dirt Stockers i knew I only had to be patient......... But apparently not patient enough........... Went off in the left hander on about lap three, managed to come back and grab third. The car was SO on the edge the whole race. My butt cheeks are sore from clenching them the whole time!!

I do appreciate everyone's consideration when I came back up through the field. Everyone showed some great sportsmanship.

Shane and Andy were on fire!! Congrats to Shane. Well deserved.

And I'm VERY happy breaking into the 1:01s!!! Kessler put a hell of a set up on. I only wish it was dry for the race!!

Fun weekened!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Default press release

kessler maintained honda civic si wins narrc runoffs in ITB.
    i do appreciate somebody kickin the beehive.
    results
    rick
    nat
    richard g
    tim m
    paul c
    it started to rain again 15 min before our race. that gave me the advantage i needed.
    dave g fought me hard at first, later overheating ended his day. nat had put drys on the left side and rains on the right. as the track dried it actually worked, i think.
    too bad we did not have a qualifying race saturday. it would have been wild. its not that often that so many fast cars show up at the same time.
    it was definatly cool winning this race.
    Last edited by dazzlesa; 10-04-2009 at 08:35 AM.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Lot's of guys complaining in the pits about going out on rains and then no grip in the dry. Lou in IT7 told me he had no grip on his dirt stockers once the track started to dry and a friend in Formula VEE(they delayed the start to allow folks to switch to rains!!)ran on his new Hoosier rains and was chasing the wet line to get any kind of grip at all during their race.

Skip Barber has had a deal with the devil regarding weather for SCCA at LRP this year....LOL.

Default No Video.........

Thanks for the kind words everyone What a race huh ! I have to say that was the the most fun I have had in 12 yrs racing, not just because I got the WIN ! 32 laps of pure nose 2 tail with AB who ran an exceptional race was just AWSOME ! Andy ran clean and fast and to those who say he can not handle the presure of a tight race, that is simply not the case.....Kudos to Andy, and anyone who was there to witness it can testify.........No to the BEAT part.......My camera never turned on and I have NO video....... ! Thanks again all.....Good luck at the Glen.
    Shane "FAST" Hawthorne

Quote Originally Posted by CREX ITA 69 View Post
    No to the BEAT part.......My camera never turned on and I have NO video....... !
    WTF?? I turn the little selector to "camera" and pusha da button.... no takie movie! :confused:

Congratulations to Shane and Andy for a very entertaining and professional race. Reminded me of Tim K and John V in ITC 4 years ago. Excellent.

Also congrats to Dave Maynard for qualifying in the 59's and smoking the field in the race as well.

Big congrats on the 1-2 and thank you's to the Autotechnic guys for racing me really hard and really clean on a very changing track.

For me it was a conservative race plan; finish clean, be smooth, win the championship.

I would like to extend my sincerest appreciation to Rob Thiele for being a very formidable competitor this season. Rob you raced hard and fast and clean lap after lap after lap this year, and you took the battle right down to the wire. You made me be on my "A' game every weekend. Thanks. I'll race with you anyday!!!

I look forward to doing it one more time in NJ.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Not sure if I missed the post but if I didn't let me be the first to say Congrats! to Andy on his NARRC Championship - Way to go Champ. Two in a row, right?

And Shane - As I mentioned on the phone, I couldn't be happier for you on this win at the NARRC - OFFS- You beat the Champ - Not an easy task - Nice one.

Load up all these "hot rods" up and come on down to NJMP for the Team DI - PRO IT and JERK, in a couple of weeks. Markie, Crazy Joe and Me are looking for a little variety.

Also, Congrats to Dr Bro and all the other NARRC Champions - Nicely done.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Tkczecheredflag View Post
    - Way to go Champ. Two in a row, right?
    Oh how soon we all forget.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Here's my video. A fair amount of action considering the length of the race. Lots of sawing at the wheel to keep the back end behind me!

Good shot of Max getting hit by the Celica about 2/3 of the way through.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6124635/15908017
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    Oh how soon we all forget.
    Just wanted to see if you were paying attention Joe.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Jeff, funny stuff there around 17 or so minutes to go when your mirror flies off. (I know I shouldn't laugh! ) And I think Max's tail jinked a bit into the Celica. Maybe it's a shared blame deal, but looks like it was a light tap anyway.(She was a bit off the pace..)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Btw, what's the ITB track record?
    It was Rick P. with his alfa in the 1990s with I think a 103.3 unless of course you all beat that this weekend :eek: I turned a 103.7 in 2008 with Ken on my but in his 2002. Did anyone get in the 3s this past weekend?

How did ken do anyway, he has been fast all year in the pro-it stuff. Congrats to Tim on a great finish amoungst the fastest of B!

And to all the others congrats as well, I plan on finding out what events everyone is doing next year so that I can race with you more, this year was fun but only a few of us did the pro-it races, and I would love to mix it up with all of you again :026:

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    It was Rick P. with his alfa in the 1990s with I think a 103.3 unless of course you all beat that this weekend

Stephen
    EVERYone was in the 3s. I *Think* Dave Gran turned a 1:03.330. And IIRC, there were a couple others under 4 as well.

It was certainly a last minute, finger biting, hope for the weather gods to cooperate type of weekend. Unlike the June event, when it sprinkled and dried, sprinkled and dried, sprinkled..and I went out on dries...and it poured, I had the rains on and ready, with the car in the air ready to change to dries. And, with 3 laps to go in the group before me, I gambled and went out on Q tires, and while the first few laps were h-a-i-r-y, (1" off line and swisssh! off the course you went, just ask Jeff) I KNEW it was the right call.

An interesting race, one I wish I had had time to get the videotape running...but Dave Gran was airing up my tires on grid with under a minute to go, so...no video. . This is one race I really wish I was in an ITR car, and was in 3rd place just to watch Andy and Shane battle. Man, that must've been a fun one to watch.

I LOVE it when it rains because it shakes things up. In the A race we had guys on every tire possible: Race drys, Qualifying drys, intermediates, Hoosier wets, and Hoosier dirt stockers. Which made for wild racing. Wendell gambled on a wet setup, but it was too soft. So he cut a LF down in big bend. I was fully alongside Jeremy von Oy, who was getting held up by Wendells issues, when he came down on me at the last exit of big bend. I got on the brakes, but only could back out halfway. I took to the berm, so the contact wasn't nearly as bad as I had envisioned, no biggie at all! Jeremy came over to apologise later (Much appreciated!!), but no apology needed, one of those things. And I owe "Mad Max" an attaboy, and an apology for giving his rear bumper some love out of the left hander when I was on the throttle, and he either wasn't, or his tires were slipping. Close running, slippery track and these things happen. He was awesome in the downhill, that 240 really stuck well. And with the power he has, I couldn't get by. Oh well, it was fun trying.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post

I LOVE it when it rains because it shakes things up. In the A race we had guys on every tire possible: Race drys, Qualifying drys, intermediates, Hoosier wets, and Hoosier dirt stockers. Which made for wild racing. Wendell gambled on a wet setup, but it was too soft. So he cut a LF down in big bend. I was fully alongside Jeremy von Oy, who was getting held up by Wendells issues, when he came down on me at the last exit of big bend. I got on the brakes, but only could back out halfway. I took to the berm, so the contact wasn't nearly as bad as I had envisioned, no biggie at all! Jeremy came over to apologise later (Much appreciated!!), but no apology needed, one of those things. And I owe "Mad Max" an attaboy, and an apology for giving his rear bumper some love out of the left hander when I was on the throttle, and he either wasn't, or his tires were slipping. Close running, slippery track and these things happen. He was awesome in the downhill, that 240 really stuck well. And with the power he has, I couldn't get by. Oh well, it was fun trying.
    What really pisses me off is that after a couple of laps Max and I had gapped the field and I knew he was on Dirt Stockers and would be burning them up shortly. So I was being VERY patient. (and I knew I had no chance of running down the dynamic duo) I just got a little wide in the left hander and off the dry line............ Oh well, it made it more interesting!!

Yeah, that 240 could stick in the down hill. The one place I couldn't gain on him. He's come a long way in the last couple of years.

And to all the ITA guys (and girls) a few years ago you could have run a 1:03 and won the race. And nobody really said much about Andy's 1:00.8 in qualifying. Holy, holy shit!!! Kessler's motivational speach after seeing that: Forget about it, you'll never come CLOSE to that! LOL

I can't wait until next year!!!
    Last edited by JLawton; 10-05-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Congrats Rob for the ITR championship win! You ran a good and consistent season, well deserved. I tried to make it not too easy and keep it open to the last minute, but I had nothing this weekend.
    Thanks for some good NARRC racing and CU at Pro IT finals.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Like I told Shane, one of these days we are gonna get to race in the dry when he doesn't spin off!

The track was FAST on Friday. REAL fast. Don't know many who didn't grab a personal best.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Kessler's motivational speach after seeing that: Forget about it, you'll never come CLOSE to that! LOL
    LMAO! I can so picture that exchange. I was kinda waiting for him to tell me that I may have blown my motor but at least my wheel didn't fall off.

There were actually a bunch of B cars in the 1:03s. I finally started increasing my mid corner speeds especially in big bend which I didn't compensate for during qualifying and spun in front of Dave. I personally was going over a 1/2 second faster than ever before. Speaking of Dave Z, he threw down a 1:03.5 during qual. - awesome. I wouldn't be overly surprised if pushed enough with a tow, and the right conditions, we see some high 1:02s. Oh yeah, that's right. Eric Curran did that last year in Paul's car.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    It was Rick P. with his alfa in the 1990s with I think a 103.3 unless of course you all beat that this weekend :eek: I turned a 103.7 in 2008 with Ken on my but in his 2002. Did anyone get in the 3s this past weekend?

How did ken do anyway, he has been fast all year in the pro-it stuff. Congrats to Tim on a great finish amoungst the fastest of B!

And to all the others congrats as well, I plan on finding out what events everyone is doing next year so that I can race with you more, this year was fun but only a few of us did the pro-it races, and I would love to mix it up with all of you again :026:

Stephen
    Rick Pocock is a very understated fellow. Fast as a whip in FF and ITB. Had him as an instructor in both Skippy racing school and SCDA and you'd never know what a great record he had on track from him, ever. His career came to an end last year in NJ with a bad crash in his Club Ford but a great instructor and nice guy.

Enough gay love on here, Rick...LOL
    Last edited by BruceG; 10-05-2009 at 02:21 PM.

The new pavement has a TON of grip but we all had to dial out a touch of push to start bettering our lap times. Plus now we know to stay off the inside curbs in the uphill and West Bend...

Not a huge fan of a 2-day single but the 32 lap race was worth it!!!
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 10-05-2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967