Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: LRP NARRC Runoffs

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman321 View Post
    Fast, Very Fast, A Little Too Fast, Whats He Got Under There A Turbo Or Maybe Some Big Boy Cams. Wow Its Fast, And Do Not Tell Me Its The Driver
    WOW, They blew by me like I was parked and having coffee but I attribute it to their experience ( ie: guts) and a car properly setup.The whole field was lapped during this race by the front 2 but I would have bet no one was thinking there was cheating gong on. Those drivers exhibit too much class on and off the track. They made an effort to talk to me ( a fledgling driver ) with offers of advice which I doubt would come from drivers intent on cheating to win. I think comments need to be supported by facts first.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Dan, he (she?) is actually referring to Dave Maynard, in an ITR BMW E36. Dave spanked the field in the IRR/ITS/ITB race group. You're thinking of Shane and Andy. Neither drive a BWM, and Hondaman seems to have a hard on over BMWs. He knows his BMWs, and only BMW drivers cheat, it seems. In his 5 posts here on the site, he's done nothing but accuse various BMW drivers of cheating. He goes by the name "Biff".
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Dan, he (she?) is actually referring to Dave Maynard, in an ITR BMW E36. Dave spanked the field in the IRR/ITS/ITB race group. You're thinking of Shane and Andy. Neither drive a BWM, and Hondaman seems to have a hard on over BMWs. He knows his BMWs, and only BMW drivers cheat, it seems. In his 5 posts here on the site, he's done nothing but accuse various BMW drivers of cheating. He goes by the name "Biff".
    I am sorry, I do apologize, You are correct in that I thought the discussion concerned the ITA race, the only race I can actually comment on.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

hey maynard, I have read posts on other forums about your car, lets get real and not argue this. Thats all I have to say.
    thanks,
    Biff

I remember Biff, he was the bully under the trailer load of manure in Back to the Future.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    I remember Biff, he was the bully under the trailer load of manure in Back to the Future.
    LOL, great movie, and scene. THAT Biff was entertaining. This one's just an internet idiot. Sad they let him on the track property.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

"hondaman" I think you need to rethink about who you are talking about bud cuz ill tell you one thing i dont cheat. My motor is all stock and the race motor that was in the car was blown at the start of the season and not by me. I also wondering what forums you are talking about cuz i am only on this forum and i dont run bmw club so what your issue. online warrior who are you.

i use 5 year old dot 14" dirt stockers on acura aluminum rims. dont know how long they will last but they have been the best money spent compared to how many drys i have gone through
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Here's the sequence of events in my prescriptive. During the morning 5-6 min warm-ups, I ran with Hoosier wets and they rocked! Of course the course was still wet and rain was coming down. in the short time I was there, I passed every closed wheel car I came across (even a GT1) - what an ego booster.

By the time group 2 started, rain had stopped but the track was till wet - we're all hoping that the rain would start again since we decided to stay on the hoosier wets.

I had the inside line on row 4 at the start. Tucked behind the car in front of me and I could not see the flag station, but for some reason I could Jeff Lawton's tail lights (2nd row). I waited for his brake lights to go off. no brake lights - go! Jake's RX7 in front of me was slower off the start, I rolled right to pass, protected the inside line, made a b-line for big bend not giving an inch, not lifting and hoping others would before I do. By big bend I was able to pull in front of Jake and protect the inside against Jeremy Von oy in 6th - "ok, I am 5th place now. Keep things moving."

The first four cars (Shane, Andy, Max and Jeff) in front of me were making a quick getaway while I waited for tires to warm-up. Jeff Lawton spins out in lap 3 at the left hander giving me 4th place (I felt so bad, I laughed a little cause of Andy's comments before the race and kept moving) By lap 4, I had Max Lingenfeld (3rd) about 8 seconds in front and in clear view on the front and noname straights and I was catching up. Tires warming up - I start pushing more. I'm focused... I think "this might be a podium..."

yeah... NOT

Well, it wasn't another lap before tires were shot. running 10/10ths was just out of the question. big bend and the esses turned into a 5/10th game and wasn't another a lap or two before the track was dry in some places and Jack, Jeremy and Jeff passed me. The front end pushed, the rear end would come around w/o warning and somewhere on lap 10 I thought to himself *wtf, why did you soften the rear shocks*.

It seemed that Greg Miendl and I traded places 3-4 times for 20 laps until the last lap when his hoosier wets went on him and I pulled away for a comfortable 6th place. Greg, if you're reading this, great fun man!

Andy and I met up at the 'food' stand and we both agreed that 30+ laps at LRP in those conditions seems like an enduro. We were just exhausted - but what fun!

Thanks for making my rookie year awesome guys and gals! Big congrats to Andy, Shane, Jeff, Max, Jake and everyone else! Now, where's Greg Amy?
    Last edited by mossaidis; 10-06-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Anyone run video? Other than Jeffs postage sized windshield view. Seriously Jeff, that's a w-i-i-i-d-e angle view!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Default maynard

first of all, I know your grand am teammate messed up your old motor. Then the limerock race after that your car was much slower(stock motor). For you to pull away on the start this past weekend with a stock motor is a crazy thought. Could you please tell me where to get one that fast. A post one of your mechanics or fellow employees made on another site(if you remember about problems you had with a customers car and how it works in your e36 race car, if you dont remember I can send it to you. Think first this time, before coming back so harsh.

pointer. if the track is drying and you are on rains, run off line and find water.
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

attention ken h. you cannot receive private messages. as of now i plan on going to nj
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

Quote Originally Posted by dazzlesa View Post
    pointer. if the track is drying and you are on rains, run off line and find water.
    oh, I did as much of that as possible.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    "hondaman" I think you need to rethink about who you are talking about bud cuz ill tell you one thing i dont cheat. My motor is all stock and the race motor that was in the car was blown at the start of the season and not by me. I also wondering what forums you are talking about cuz i am only on this forum and i dont run bmw club so what your issue. online warrior who are you.
    Dave, don't even waste your energy. We all know you can drive and we all know he's an idiot. It's obvious if he's talking about power in a rain race he's f'ing clueless.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Here's the sequence of events in my prescriptive. During the morning 5-6 min warm-ups, I ran with Hoosier wets and they rocked! Of course the course was still wet and rain was coming down. in the short time I was there, I passed every closed wheel car I came across (even a GT1) - what an ego booster.

By the time group 2 started, rain had stopped but the track was till wet - we're all hoping that the rain would start again since we decided to stay on the hoosier wets.

I had the inside line on row 4 at the start. Tucked behind the car in front of me and I could not see the flag station, but for some reason I could Jeff Lawton's tail lights (2nd row). I waited for his brake lights to go off. no brake lights - go! Jake's RX7 in front of me was slower off the start, I rolled right to pass, protected the inside line, made a b-line for big bend not giving an inch, not lifting and hoping others would before I do. By big bend I was able to pull in front of Jake and protect the inside against Jeremy Von oy in 6th - "ok, I am 5th place now. Keep things moving."

The first four cars (Shane, Andy, Max and Jeff) in front of me were making a quick getaway while I waited for tires to warm-up. Jeff Lawton spins out in lap 3 at the left hander giving me 4th place (I felt so bad, I laughed a little cause of Andy's comments before the race and kept moving) By lap 4, I had Max Lingenfeld (3rd) about 8 seconds in front and in clear view on the front and noname straights and I was catching up. Tires warming up - I start pushing more. I'm focused... I think "this might be a podium..."

yeah... NOT

Well, it wasn't another lap before tires were shot. running 10/10ths was just out of the question. big bend and the esses turned into a 5/10th game and wasn't another a lap or two before the track was dry in some places and Jack, Jeremy and Jeff passed me. The front end pushed, the rear end would come around w/o warning and somewhere on lap 10 I thought to himself *wtf, why did you soften the rear shocks*.

It seemed that Greg Miendl and I traded places 3-4 times for 20 laps until the last lap when his hoosier wets went on him and I pulled away for a comfortable 6th place. Greg, if you're reading this, great fun man!

Andy and I met up at the 'food' stand and we both agreed that 30+ laps at LRP in those conditions seems like an enduro. We were just exhausted - but what fun!

Thanks for making my rookie year awesome guys and gals! Big congrats to Andy, Shane, Jeff, Max, Jake and everyone else! Now, where's Greg Amy?
    The sudden snapping rotation of the rear is the condition I found myself in which caused me to spin twice. Uphill through the chicane and again in west bend. Predictable rotation I think I can handle but the suddeness of the rear this time caused me fits. I was snakebit for the rest of the race. Managed to pass a couple but it sure took awhile. Is this condition caused by the tires?? I was running used 888's thinking they would make a good itermediate ran/dry tire??
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

first of all, I know your grand am teammate messed up your old motor. Then the limerock race after that your car was much slower(stock motor). For you to pull away on the start this past weekend with a stock motor is a crazy thought. Could you please tell me where to get one that fast. A post one of your mechanics or fellow employees made on another site(if you remember about problems you had with a customers car and how it works in your e36 race car, if you dont remember I can send it to you. Think first this time, before coming back so harsh.

Hey Hondaman,

Everyone's entitled to an opinion...it's just that yours is wrong. Dan (Dave's dad) maintains my car as well, I've run all season (18+ points races, plus quallies and track days) in a new car without ONE DNF/DNS. That doesn't happen by chance. That's preparation. He is METICULOUS about car prep, and is extremely ethical. You're insulting him as well.

Now on to Dave;

If I were running video of qualifying I'd gladly post it for you to see my view of Dave's driving. Very impressive. I'm not afraid to wheel a car, but I can't do what he does. He's my driving coach (well sometimes I listen to Nick and Andy) and I just won the championship. I know he's my teammate and I'm partial, but just layoff. Dave works on BMW's and professionally drives for a living. Do you think Range Rover would send him all around North America in 100K Range Rovers if he couldn't drive? If you are so adament that the car is illegal protest him....I know for a fact that they would love to have the 8K bond for a new engine. Otherwise please show him some respect...he's last years champion and his resume speaks for itself.

BTW the car is for sale....go buy it and tear it apart if you'd like....or run it and see how much slower you are. The difference in lap times- you to Dave- is called talent. That's the pill that's hard to swallow. Ask me how I know.......

R
    Last edited by Doc Bro; 10-07-2009 at 07:30 AM.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    This is why I run a 1st gen RX7. Everyone(and obviously Jake) runs by me. Only protest would ever be to see if I had an engine at all...LOL. when I went to Tech inspection at LRP in the spring and asked if they wanted to put my "new" car on the scale, the Tech inspectors laughed at me and said they had never seen a RX7 underweight. Dick was there to witness that....LOL

Ps...I'll gladly put up part of the fee next spring at test and tune for Biff and Dave to run the same car and see who is faster!!

.... Thats all I have to say.
    thanks,
    Biff

Good... Now we don't have to listen to your drivel anymore.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010