Thread: LRP NARRC Runoffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman321 View Post
    first of all, I know your grand am teammate messed up your old motor. Then the limerock race after that your car was much slower(stock motor). For you to pull away on the start this past weekend with a stock motor is a crazy thought. Could you please tell me where to get one that fast. A post one of your mechanics or fellow employees made on another site(if you remember about problems you had with a customers car and how it works in your e36 race car, if you dont remember I can send it to you. Think first this time, before coming back so harsh.

Hey Hondaman,

Everyone's entitled to an opinion...it's just that yours is wrong. Dan (Dave's dad) maintains my car as well, I've run all season (18+ points races, plus quallies and track days) in a new car without ONE DNF/DNS. That doesn't happen by chance. That's preparation. He is METICULOUS about car prep, and is extremely ethical. You're insulting him as well.

Now on to Dave;

If I were running video of qualifying I'd gladly post it for you to see my view of Dave's driving. Very impressive. I'm not afraid to wheel a car, but I can't do what he does. He's my driving coach (well sometimes I listen to Nick and Andy) and I just won the championship. I know he's my teammate and I'm partial, but just layoff. Dave works on BMW's and professionally drives for a living. Do you think Range Rover would send him all around North America in 100K Range Rovers if he couldn't drive? If you are so adament that the car is illegal protest him....I know for a fact that they would love to have the 8K bond for a new engine. Otherwise please show him some respect...he's last years champion and his resume speaks for itself.

BTW the car is for sale....go buy it and tear it apart if you'd like....or run it and see how much slower you are. The difference in lap times- you to Dave- is called talent. That's the pill that's hard to swallow. Ask me how I know.......

R
    Last edited by Doc Bro; 10-07-2009 at 07:30 AM.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion