Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: LRP NARRC Runoffs

^^^
    Don't bet on it! Drivel tends to be a recurrent problem!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    ^^^
    Don't bet on it! Drivel tends to be a recurrent problem!
    Perhaps Slopok and Biff in a runoff at LRP. They can lap me so they feel better......LOL

hey docbro,
    How about this, your car is not legal either. I have looked at it in the pits when you have had the hood open. I know dave,dan built it for you. However I am not sure if you had known they built it illegally or you had not known. Next time you enter a race in ITR as a 328, you should prob take off the OBD 1 MANIFOLD THAT IS NOT LEGAL. There are other things as well, As far as Dave he is by far a better driver then me I can not drive at all, however it is actually logistics(this+that). You had this debate with andy's car being so fast when you had your ita z3. Listen it is simple math, a car can only go so fast with all the proper parts.

Thanks,
    Biff
    Last edited by hondaman321; 10-07-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman321 View Post
    hey docbro,
    How about this, your car is not legal either. I have looked at it in the pits when you have had the hood open. I know dave,dan built it for you. However I am not sure if you had known they built it illegally or you had not known. Next time you enter a race in ITR as a 328, you should prob take off the OBD 1 MANIFOLD THAT IS NOT LEGAL. There are other things as well, As far as Dave he is by far a better driver then me I can not drive at all, however it is actually logistics(this+that). You had this debate with andy's car being so fast when you had your ita z3. Listen it is simple math, a car can only go so fast with all the proper parts.

Thanks,
    Biff
    First off Biffer,

You're prooving yourself to ba a Jerk.

Second off you are the epitome of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

My engine is a 2.5 you dope. Everyone knows it...I been upfront about it. I can show you the emails to Dan Jones from months ago talking about this. We log booked it as a 2.8 but the season came up too quick to build and install the 2.8 so it never got done (you do know Dave and I both have new borns right?). We listed it as a 2.8 so we could switch the engine without relog booking the car as soon as it got done(remember the VIN rule went away). Third (seeing how you know everything) you must know that there is NO advantage to have a 2.5 in a 2.8 car in fact only disadvantages. They are identical except for weight. The 2.8 weighs 85# more....I declare the 2850 weight and pass tech at that weight everytime. I challenge you to find my car illegal and if you'll look at my performance I've set NO track records, and only have ONE race with a fastest lap of field. I've built a season out of consistency and heads up driving.....if I do have a cheater engine in my car I sure got ripped off seeing how I've gotten beat consistently by ITS cars. The only time I've beaten Thiele, Nimkoff and Maynard is when they've had issues. If it'll make you happy I'll list the car as a 325 and drop the 85# gladly....

I think where done here.....

Stop being a paddock lurker, an internet hater and in general a troll....come introduce yourself in the paddock and we can go over every inch of my car together (with the GCR if you'd like). Otherwise, if you don't have the courage to do that then go (you know what) yourself.

I'll take my apology anytime you're ready.

R
    Last edited by Doc Bro; 10-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CREX ITA 69 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words everyone What a race huh ! I have to say that was the the most fun I have had in 12 yrs racing, not just because I got the WIN ! 32 laps of pure nose 2 tail with AB who ran an exceptional race was just AWSOME ! Andy ran clean and fast and to those who say he can not handle the presure of a tight race, that is simply not the case.....Kudos to Andy, and anyone who was there to witness it can testify.........No to the BEAT part.......My camera never turned on and I have NO video....... ! Thanks again all.....Good luck at the Glen.

Congrats Shane!
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Okay Doc, I understand your explanation, however it is still not legal according to the rules, and if it is a 2.5, I could determine that in about 30 seconds looking at it which I will do in jersey. It is kind of strange since the Vin# i believe for your car is a 328, which means it had a 328 engine when you purchased the car. I am pretty sure I know where that car came from. So again I may be wrong, and I dont really care about your car. The entire point was Dave's car is too fast and I know for a fact he had non legal parts. So you should not defend someone when you dont have all the facts. He may not have those parts anymore, but like I said his car was very slow after his old motor blew up and now fast again,he claims no change. Thats all, lets go with that.

Okay Doc, I understand your explanation, however it is still not legal according to the rules, and if it is a 2.5, I could determine that in about 30 seconds looking at it which I will do in jersey. It is kind of strange since the Vin# i believe for your car is a 328, which means it had a 328 engine when you purchased the car. I am pretty sure I know where that car came from. So again I may be wrong, and I dont really care about your car. The entire point was Dave's car is too fast and I know for a fact he had non legal parts. So you should not defend someone when you dont have all the facts. He may not have those parts anymore, but like I said his car was very slow after his old motor blew up and now fast again,he claims no change. Thats all, lets go with that.

As I said Hondaman I'll change the logbook declaration this weekend to the 2.5 and drop the weight; the car will be legal to the letter of the law.....a real big deal right?? I don't think so.

But you stated the key sentence only a little off;

"You should not ACCUSE someone when you don't have all the facts." You've accused me and Dave and Dan.....interesting no one else though, especially when there are KNOWN illegal ITR cars floating around (not speculation...KNOWN)........I think that's disrespectful and in poor taste. Be a man, stop accusing, build a car, open your wallet and shut your mouth......see what goes into it....step up to the plate. Guys like you give the SCCA and club racing a black eye. I'm done.

R
    Last edited by Doc Bro; 10-07-2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

Hey docbro,
    I dont really know you, however from what i have heard and when I have seen you at the track you are a great guy. I do not mean to come down harsh on you. I really do not care about you car like I said. you are a stand up guy and your car is fast, handles well, and you drive well. I had no issues with you. Because I know for a fact(100%) details of the other car we spoke of, that is why I brought it up. Just trying to make racing fair for everyone and when one person cheats then it just gets worse and worse. Look at down south several years ago, thats how this whole thing got started with ITR, because of all the cheating down there.

Hey docbro,
    I dont really know you, however from what i have heard and when I have seen you at the track you are a great guy. I do not mean to come down harsh on you. I really do not care about you car like I said. you are a stand up guy and your car is fast, handles well, and you drive well. I had no issues with you. Because I know for a fact(100%) details of the other car we spoke of, that is why I brought it up. Just trying to make racing fair for everyone and when one person cheats then it just gets worse and worse. Look at down south several years ago, thats how this whole thing got started with ITR, because of all the cheating down there.

Just when I was thinking we couldn't agree on anything!!

I agree with you cheating is bad for the club. That's why I got rid of my Z....We had it maxed out, the only way to go faster was to spend huge bucks and/or start skirting the line.....my values would not allow me to do that. I make a living based on trust and integrity.....I don't compromise that in any aspect of my life. If I've got a beef I'll state it, if I don't I won't, but I also won't disrespect myself by slinging mud and I don't think you should either.....it's just unprofessional.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

"hondaman" if you have issue with my red car please come to shop and you can take the head off but you got to put it back together again and i promise you will not find anything. My car was down power last limerock event was do to a bad coil, but i still managed to run a 100.8 in the race. I dont like being called a cheater. I put a lot of effort into the setup before that race to do what that car was able to do mainly taking spring rates that worked on my koni car and trying them on the red car and it worked. Why would i put money into that car when my other car is what i am focused on. If you would like to buy the car it is for sale and if not stop accusing people of cheating when you never even met the person your accusing...if its was a dry race it would have been a battle its just to bad it rained because i wanted to try and go faster...
    thanks
    Last edited by maynard; 10-07-2009 at 10:08 PM.

"Hey, that car can't possibly be THAT fast! He must be cheating!"
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

That's right, didn't Andy almost break the one minute mark in an A car?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    That's right, didn't Andy almost break the one minute mark in an A car?
    1:00.8 is not possible in an ITA car Dave. It's all cheated up. I leave the hood open all the time so people can see it's really a 2.5L Bimmer I6. LOL!!!
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    1:00.8 is not possible in an ITA car Dave. It's all cheated up. I leave the hood open all the time so people can see it's really a 2.5L Bimmer I6. LOL!!!

Or is it that V8 I saw stuck in a Miata on Gearz...
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

hey andy how much horsepower does my car have hahahaha lol

"Hey, that car can't possibly be THAT fast! He must be cheating!"

Rob - come on back to ITA!! We can continue our battles and pick on the Acuras.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

But don't forget to take off the ODB 1 manifold you cheatin' bastard!!!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

And of course Mr. Lawton was in the 1:01's...what did Kessler say about the Egg?
    Andy Bettencourt

You know I really only started this thread to make a comment about the weather.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94