Thread: and it’s all bullshit………

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    So opening registration 3 weeks prior to an event really doesn't help make the deposit required well in-advance of the event, does it?
    I'll give you that one. Besides cash flow there are many reasons to have registration open early. But you painted with a broad brush, essentially saying that no region should process financial transactions before race day. I disagree with that part. The region needs the cash flow.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    I would argue that a Region that lacks a year-end surplus to reserve its race dates ... (insert unlikley solution here)
    That's fine, but you just cancelled a couple of GL races. I'm not saying I like it this way, but if we don't pre-register and help regions fund their deposit, the race will eventually be lost never to return. Unless you think that only the 1 or 2 big regions should be putting on races in each division.

It's easy to make demands on how it should be when you don't have $30,000 on the line and a chance to bankrupt your region. Again, maybe a region in that situation shouldn't be putting on a race. But then we'll be whining about the lack of races. Cutting off our nose to spite our face.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    I'll give you that one. Besides cash flow there are many reasons to have registration open early. But you painted with a broad brush, essentially saying that no region should process financial transactions before race day. I disagree with that part. The region needs the cash flow.
    Opening registration and taking money are distinct actions. I didn't essentially say no financial processing prior to the event, that is exactly what I said. A Region that needs the cash flow that badly is living life to close to the edge.

That's fine, but you just cancelled a couple of GL races.
    Why? Because the Regions won't cooperate and hold an event together?

Unless you think that only the 1 or 2 big regions should be putting on races in each division.
    It's easy to make demands on how it should be when you don't have $30,000 on the line and a chance to bankrupt your region. Again, maybe a region in that situation shouldn't be putting on a race. But then we'll be whining about the lack of races. Cutting off our nose to spite our face.
    Who hosts the event only determines who has financial skin in the game and, possibly, the faces that carry the titles. The field hands generally don't care who hosts the event, unless their is something wrong with the management (see below) and drivers, IMO, don't care either unless their is something wrong with the management.

When I lived in the old CenDiv (pre-Gingerman days), you saw the same faces at Waterford for DET regionals and schools that you saw at Grattan for the WMR and DET events. Grattan got some folks who wouldn't make the trip to Waterford, but they still showed for the annual DET event at Grattan.

So, exactly what's the problem with two Regions co-hosting a race?