Thread: and it’s all bullshit………

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What really ticked me off was that I used my credit card for and entry fee and and not a fine or penalty! Any region that has to use these tactics instead of charging the appropriate entry fees is not anywhere I want to race no matter how big they think their race is!

I hear NASA has a really great program. May be you would be happier with them.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    I hear NASA has a really great program. May be you would be happier with them.
    Ahhhhh the intellect of a Texan.....Love it or leave it, where have I heard that before?

Why should we raise the entry fees on every entrant to cover the cost incurred by the few who want to pull out on a whim at the last minute? It is the same drivers all the time that do this. Abuse the system often enough and things start to happen to prevent the abuse.

If you have a valid reason for withdrawing take your case to the region and ask for a waiver of the fees. If you don't and decide to stay home because your cousin's girl friend's sister has a hang nail pay the fee and quit whining.

Don't like that way the region is operating get active to change it. Run for a seat on the board.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Jerry, now this is a opinion that is respected.
    You are right we should be more involved how our regions plan and charge for races, and I plan on reviewing our regions policy when it comes to withdrawals. I do believe that transmission problems and saftey issures that cropped but were not found until late Thrusday race car were valid issues but the Cincinnatti Region didn't even what to hear them. So not only did I have to fork out money to replace a transmission I had to order other parts to make the car safe and they still hit me with a $50.00 penelty.

I would be VERY turned off of any race that was charging a cancelation fee... The money part of registration should not be that difficult. Most of the work is getting the entrants info together for t&s. I would thnk requiring everyone to pay at the track would be the easiest system.

Dan- let's mess em up real good!!! Everyone post the races that have penalty fees, we will all register and skip the payment options... The info will be all entered, the region will be excited with all these extra Pre registered cars and oops we never showed... They can't hit you up for a late cancelation fee as technically (in most regions) you are not an official enterant until you have paid!

Raymond "thanks Dick, Glad to be in NER" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Given the ease of electronic crediting, there really is no reason for any region to

1. Process the financial part of the entry prior to the event
    2. Not refund the full amount if notice of withdrawal is made prior to midnight Friday evening, going into Saturday.

If, however, the Region has turned away entrants because of your entry, then, regardless of when you withdrew, you should be on the hook for the full amount if you pre-registered and you occupied a slot that was turned away.

That being said, one reason to retain part of the entry fee has to do with credit card transaction fees. If the Region processes such an entry, it gets dinged something like 3% by the CCC. If they then process a refund, they get hit with another 2-3%. Which suggests that charging the card prior to the event is a stupid policy. None-the-less, if the Region does process the entry - they should retain the bank fees.

Lots of businesses charge you a cancellation fee - airlines, hotels...especially if booked through a site like travelocity.