Thread: SIC. Registration is open.

Default SIC. Registration is open.

I'm in for ITA. Going to try to beat out ol' Kip. We'll see what happens.

Have a feeling this one might be kind of like Daytona where ITS cars and their "strengths and weaknesses" really affect the ITA race.

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    I'm in for ITA. Going to try to beat out ol' Kip. We'll see what happens.

Have a feeling this one might be kind of like Daytona where ITS cars and their "strengths and weaknesses" really affect the ITA race.

-Tom
    I suspect you're right... I expect the ITA leaders to be amongst the top 4 ITS cars. Unless you can lobby for a split start...

I like the changes on the schedule. The "qualifying race" is an interesting concept.
    Event Schedule- (All times are tentative)
    Qualifying sessions
    8:30 AM Group 1-7
    Following Lunch break
    10 lap qualifying race* Groups 1-7
    Drivers will be gridded based on AM qualifying times
    *Sunday race grids will be from best lap times from either AM 25 minute qualifying or PM 10 lap race.
    *Drivers may start from the pit lane if they do not wish to race. All cars will be timed.
    Refreshments
    Immediately after last qualifying race. Good beverages & good companionship
    Roebling Road Gates close
    8:00 PM
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Hmm, maybe we could do IT7 and ITA split off from ITS. They were going to split off IT7, but I imagine the start of the ITA race will be a lot more affected by ITS then the IT7 race by ITA. I would imagine the top IT7 cars would be towards the back of the A pack, where our A race will be at the pointy end of the S race.

Who would be someone to send some requests to, any ideas?

-Tom

Hmm, maybe we could do IT7 and ITA split off from ITS. They were going to split off IT7, but I imagine the start of the ITA race will be a lot more affected by ITS then the IT7 race by ITA. I would imagine the top IT7 cars would be towards the back of the A pack, where our A race will be at the pointy end of the S race.
    I don't follow that logic. I think that the IT7 race would be equally affected by starting with ITA cars as the ITA cars starting with ITS. And as far as qualifying speeds the last two years the top A cars were at the pointy end of the S field and the top 7 cars were at the pointy end of the A field (before the split).

BTW I really dont care how they do the split, im not sure why they split off IT7 in the first place. IMO there shouldn't be a split start, this is sports car racing and traffic from other classes is part of it. Sometimes you work it to your advantage, sometimes you get screwed.

Maybe we could have three splits /s
    Jeff Ryan
    SeDiv IT-7 #47
    Buccaneer Region Driver of the Year
    '07 SARRC Champion
    '07-08 ARRC IT-7 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by movingchicane View Post
    I don't follow that logic. I think that the IT7 race would be equally affected by starting with ITA cars as the ITA cars starting with ITS. And as far as qualifying speeds the last two years the top A cars were at the pointy end of the S field and the top 7 cars were at the pointy end of the A field (before the split).

BTW I really dont care how they do the split, im not sure why they split off IT7 in the first place. IMO there shouldn't be a split start, this is sports car racing and traffic from other classes is part of it. Sometimes you work it to your advantage, sometimes you get screwed.

Maybe we could have three splits /s
    I didn't look at enough results I guess. It seemed that IT7 was running around 10th or so in ITA, while ITA was 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in ITS.

-Tom

Have a feeling this one might be kind of like Daytona where ITS cars really affect the ITA race.

-Tom
    .... The ITA race has already had an effect on the ITR race. Talk about bull.......... my third year running the class and I was not given any consideration.:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoe View Post
    .... The ITA race has already had an effect on the ITR race. Talk about bull.......... my third year running the class and I was not given any consideration.:mad:
    Not understanding exactly